Garlic Prawn & Pesto Pizza
I’d like to introduce you to my new favourite pizza. This garlicky little number will give you that gourmet pizza at home without too much fuss. Just a few things from the supermarket and you’ll have a tasty dinner in no time.
I’ve been using the 400 Gradi plain pizza bases from the local supermarket and my favourite MUTTI pizza sauce. No waiting for pizza dough to rise, or waiting for a fancy pizza oven to heat up, just prep the pizza whilst your oven heats up, it’s just too easy.
The original recipe comes from an old Delicious book I’ve had, and I’ve just made a few tweaks to the ingredients and I love some extra prawns and tomatoes. It’s a great combination, it might leave you with a little garlic breath, but don’t worry, it’s worth it!
Garlic Prawn & Pesto PizzaPrint Recipe
- 12 prawns, peeled, deveined and halved horizontally
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 wood-fired pizza base
- 1/4 cup good quality tomato pizza sauce
- 100g shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese blend
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 tbsp basil pesto, to serve
- Place the prawns in a small bow with the olive oil, garlic and chilli. Toss to combine, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Spread the pizza base with the pizza sauce and scatter with cheese. Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up over the base, then scatter over the prawn mixture, including the oil
- Cook the pizza for 6-8 minutes, or until the prawns are just cooked and the cheese is bubbling and the bases are crisp.
- Serve drizzled with pesto.