Duck Braised in Coconut
I’ve found a bunch of unprocessed images on my laptop whilst enjoying a beautiful afternoon in a Swedish sunroom, and it’s time to start sharing the love. In this case, the Luv-A-Duck love.
Last year I was invited down to a masterclass with one of my favourite chefs, Adam D’Sylva. I met a bunch of lovely people as well as some old friends and we all learnt how to debone a duck and cook it in a variety of ways to perfection. This particular dish is one very similar to one of Adam’s signature dishes at Coda.
A perfect dish for entertaining or made ahead and freeze to enjoy.
Duck Braised in CoconutPrint Recipe
- 15 Duck Legs
- 1 litre Healthy Boy Soy Sauce
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely crushed white peppercorns
- 1 mandarin or orange peel
- 2x400ml tins coconut milk
- 1 red banana chilli, split
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, crushed
- Ginger trimmings
- Your choice of yellow curry sauce, steamed jasmine rice, coriander leaves or taro chips.
- Combine marinade ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Marinate duck legs in mixture for 24hrs.
- Place coconut milk, lime leaf, lemongrass, chilli, ginger in tray.
- Place duck legs in a row skin side up.
- Cook at 140° 100% heat for 1 ½ hours, until golden and tender.
- Serve with rice.