Pink Iced Vovo Cakes
The competition is over now, but you can still enjoy the recipe and our video for the comp!
Pink Iced Vovo CakesPrint Recipe
- 190g unsalted butter, softened
- 190g caster sugar
- 190g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 600g icing sugar, sifted
- 300g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink food colouring
- ¼ cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan-forced.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes pale in colour. Lightly beat the eggs with vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold together until it is all combined. Place the mixture into a mini loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and springs back when gently pressed. Once baked leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Trim the tops off the cakes with a bread knife to make them level.
- To make the icing, beat the icing sugar and butter together, with vanilla extract and a few drops of pink colouring until smooth. 9. Add more colour if the colour isn’t pink enough.
- Fill a piping bag with a flat nozzle and pipe into ribbons onto the cakes.
- Use a chopstick to make an indent in the icing, right down the middle of the cake.
- Place the jam in a piping bag fitted with a medium sized plain nozzle. Pipe the jam down the indent you just made.
- To finish, sprinkle the desiccated coconut all over the cakes.