Bill Granger’s: Peach, Almond & Yoghurt Cake
This blog post first published on February 29, 2008.
This is a very moist cake, something about when you put yoghurt in a cake it is always moist and has the loveliest texture. Coupled with in season peaches and the crunch of almonds, this cake is a winner and one delicious recipe by Bill Granger.
Peach, Almond & Yoghurt CakePrint Recipe
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 310g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50ml milk
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto (optional)
- 450g small peaches, chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
- 125ml plain yoghurt
- 125ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm springform tin. Beat the butter and sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half the flour, the milk and half the yoghurt and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Add the remaining flour and yoghurt with the amaretto and mix until combined.
- Gently fold through the peaches. Pour the mixture into the tin and sprinkle with the almonds. Bake for 1.5 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. If it is browning too quickly, cover the top of the cake with foil for the last 20 minutes. Leave to cool. Whip together the yoghurt and cream until thick and serve with the cake.