Pan Fried Prawns
If you are after a super easy, comforting dish to share with the family this winter, this is the dish for you. A jar of MUTTI Sugo Semplice Basil does all the work, no need to chop onions as they are already in the sauce, but by keeping on as many prawn heads and tails on the prawns, you get a lovely depth of flavour to the final dish. Don’t skimp on the fresh herbs either, they really make the dish sing!
Simple Pan Fried Prawns with Tomato & BasilPrint Recipe
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, sliced
- 1 kg large green prawns
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 400 g MUTTI Sugo Semplice Basil
- 200 g Greek feta, crumbled
- Basil leaves
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Crusty bread
- Peel the prawns, leaving as many heads and tails attached. Devein the prawns and set aside till required.
- Heat half the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli, cook, stirring for half a minute.
- Add half the prawns and cook, turning, for a further 1 minute or until starting to colour. Remove from pan and set aside and repeat with remaining oil and prawns.
- Increase heat to high, return all prawns to the pan then add white wine and bring to the boil.
- Add the MUTTI Sugo Semplice Basil to the prawns, add a little water to rinse out the bottle and pour that into the pan as well.
- Stir through the sauce and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Top with basil leaves, chopped parsley, feta and serve with crusty bread.