Ham, Sausage & Marinated Artichoke Pizza
Possibly my new favourite pizza flavour made easy with MUTTI pizza sauce. Either make your own pizza dough or pick up a pre-made dough, a generous spread of rich home-style MUTTI Pizza Sauce Aramatica made with 100% Italian tomatoes, a little smoked ham, Italian sausages turned into meatballs, a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, fresh mozzarella and the finishing touch, MUTTI Cherry Tomatoes, straight from the can. You can’t buy a pizza better than that!
Ham, Sausage & Marinated Artichoke PizzaPrint Recipe
- 300g bread flour
- 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 10g salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 10g sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 350ml warm water
- 200g Mutti Parma Pizza Sauce Aramatica
- x1 400g tin Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, tomatoes removed and halved
- 200g sliced ham, roughly torn
- 500g pork and fennel sausages
- 400g marinated artichoke hearts
- 500g fresh mozzarella
- semolina, for dusting
- In a small bowl, add 150ml of warm water, dried yeast and sugar and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast is frothy.
- In a large bowl add the bread flour, plain flour and salt. Stir to combine and make a well in the middle. Add the remaining 200ml of water, olive oil and yeast mixture into the well and stir to combine with the handle of a wooden spoon. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 3-5 minutes or until the dough is smooth, add a little extra flour if needed but the dough is meant to be a little sticky. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Dust two baking trays with semolina.
- Divide the dough in half and using your fingers, stretch the dough into a 20cm circle on each baking tray.
- Divide the Mutti Parma Pizza Sauce Aramatica between the two pizza bases. Top with ham, followed by squeezing balls of sausage meat out of the sausage skins. Roughly tear the mozzerlla and scatter over the pizzas, followed by artichoke hearts and cherry tomato halves.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating trays half way through, or until golden.
- Makes 2.