Mango Sago Pudding

“Mangoes are one of my most favourite fruits. Paired with sago, this is a lovely Summery dessert.”

Recipes | March 17, 2013
Mango Sago Pudding Feature Image
Mango Sago Pudding

Mango Sago Pudding

Mango-Sago-Puddi

Mangoes are in my top favourite fruits of all time. All winter long, I long for Summer. I long for the hot days, warm nights, daylight savings, nectarines, cherries and mangoes. Oh man I love standing over the sink with mango cheek and  juice dripping down my arms and face πŸ˜›

As much as I could live on pure mangoes alone, mixing it up is also a good option. I had never cooked with sago before, so I decided to pop my sago cherry and make this.

I was all confident going in, until a few people on twitter psyched me out about cooking with sago. But I tried to block it out, follow the recipe and go with my gut instinct. Luckily it all went well, and I was left with a very light and refreshing tropical dessert the whole family enjoyed.

Mango Sago Pudding

Australian Good Food Magazine

Place Β½ cup sago, 2 cups mango puree, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup water, finely grated zest of 1 lime and ΒΌ cup brown sugar in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolved. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins, until sago is soft and translucent. Cool slightly. Spoon into 4 serving glasses. Top with sliced mango, yoghurt and a sprinkle of brown sugar.

Mango Sago Pudding

Comments

17 comments on “Mango Sago Pudding
  1. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - March 17, 2013 at 6:48 pm

These look fantastic :) I love mango and sago too ~ But I don’t long for summer hahaha instead I much prefer winter and cooler weather πŸ˜›

2. john | heneedsfood - March 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

This is a combination that always works for me. Loving mangoes right now!

3. Tina @ bitemeshowme - March 18, 2013 at 4:36 am

What a lovely dessert to pop your sago cherry with! IT looks fantastic. Sounds so friggene asy too!

4. Sneh | Cook Republic - March 18, 2013 at 9:22 am

Looks beautiful! Bookmarking. Thanks lovely! xx

5. GourmetGetaways - March 18, 2013 at 11:48 am

What a delicious fruity dessert! I love it!
    I would love to try this, my kids adore mango so I know it would be a hit :)

6. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today - March 18, 2013 at 4:44 pm

The third picture is so amazing. I like mango as well :) it’s easy to make a delicious dessert out of it. And your recipe sounds very delicious.

7. Libby - March 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

OMG SHELLIE! YARMSSSSSSSSS!

Do they even sell fresh mangoes anymore though? :(

8. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - March 18, 2013 at 9:44 pm

You had me at mango – I am a total mango addict and very sad that the season is starting to come to an end!

9. debbie - March 19, 2013 at 8:12 am

I love sago pudding and it seems to be getting quite a bit of boost in the food industry these days – I love purely with maple syrup… going to have to try this… I just made chia pudding from COTC blog and wow what a great alternative to sago and without the stiring – just setting in fridge… it tasted just as if I was eating sago…

10. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - March 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

If I could eat only mango for the rest of my life I don’t think I would be disappointed!

11. Helen (Grab Your Fork) - March 19, 2013 at 11:55 am

Yum love mango and love sago pudding. Always a sad moment when we bid adieu to mango season!

12. Agnes - March 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Mango addicts unite. Fist bump.

13. Nic@diningwithastud - March 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I love it when you see the first mango commercials on TV. Thats when you know summers coming :)

14. msihua - March 24, 2013 at 9:00 pm

My absolute favourite.. LONG LIVE MANGOES!

15. Ashley - March 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Yum! Glad it all worked out, mango is one of my favourite fruits to have in desserts! c:

16. Sara @bellyrumbles - March 30, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Love mango, it is just pure Aussie & Summer.

17. Danelle - May 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hi, for the sago, do you cook it raw with the mango puree or do you cook it separately before adding it in?