Grilled Chicken & Corn Fritters
You need to get these corn fritters with paprikannaise (smoked paprika + mayonnaise = a whole world of awesome you didn’t know existed) in your belly… STAT!
This was the first time I’ve made corn fritters; and they looked so good with the chicken in the magazine. Smoked paprika would have to be one of my favourite things at the moment. Just the smell of it sends me to a happy place. Whilst it took me a while to make this dish the first time (about an hour), now that I know what’s involved I’ll be able to do it much quicker for weeknight meals after work.
The only problem with this dish? We wanted more! The recipe serves four, but we could have easily eaten 2 servings each; just because it was so good. I would recommend serving with a green salad, as not many people I know (including myself) would be interested in eating coriander leaves as a their leafy greens.
Grilled Chicken & Awesome Corn Fritters
4 large (600g) chicken thigh fillets
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
420g can of corn kernels, drained
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
5 green onions (green shallots), sliced finely
1/2 bunch fresh coriander, roots and stems washed and chopped, leaves reserved
1/2 cup (150) whole egg mayonnaise
1. Trim excess fat from chicken. Pound chicken between two layers of plastic wrap until 1cm thick. Place into a resealable bag with half the paprika, all of the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Place flour in a medium bowl and add milk mixture gradually, whisking to ensure there are no lumps. Stir in corn, onion and coriander roots and stems.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Drop 2 tablespoons of fritter mixture in pan (per fritter). Give fritters space to spread – about 4 at a time is ideal. After about 2 minutes they should be setting on the supper surface and be golden brown underneath. Flip and cook for another minute.
5. Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan over a high heat. Brush grill with remaining oil; cook the chicken for about 4 minutes each side or until they have char-grill marks and are cooked through. Seasons with salt and pepper.
6. Combine the remaining paprika with the mayonnaise in a small bowl.
7. Serve the corn fritters and chicken and mayonnaise mixture, coriander leaves/green salad and lime wedges if desired.
Great idea for dinner tonight… perhaps, perhaps!!!
Paprika in my mayo! Yummers!
Mmm, that chicken looks soo good too! I love thighs, they are just so succulent! And adore the idea of paprikanaise. Unfortunately my bunch is not much into fritters…
Looks great! and I love mayo so this one sounds super delish!
Heidi - Apples Under My Bed
yes!! Looks incredible, I love the idea of paprikannaise 🙂 Can’t wait to get my corn fritter on!
Ahaha, I was wondering about that coriander!
Yay, new food blog for me to stalk while I’m starving! That looks delish 🙂
Oooo delish. Easy meal is a good meal lol
Can we use fresh corn at all?
Iron Chef Shellie
yes! the original recipe uses fresh corn, but cbf cooking it then getting it off the cob when I can open a can!
I’ve been obsessed with corn fritters lately too. I like them extra corny (heh) so I use minimal flour, but yes, they’re so easy to do I’m having them all the time!
A Canadian Foodie
They do look absolutely delicious – and you have definitely convinced me that this mayo makes all the difference – so simple, yet so yummy. I love Spanish smoked paprika!
Oh how gorgeous!! I have a recipe I love for corn fritters but I had never thought of having them with a paprika mayonnaise! Delicious!
I think it may be corn fritters for breaky!
yum! the ingredients look so fresh and quality =d
Paprikannaise…I love it. I love paprika! The fritters look fantastic. I’ve added these to my must try list. Thanks Shellie 😀
penny aka jeroxie
I love corn fritters… make them all the time. Quick and easy.
I like corn fritters too – but you know what I like more? Someone making corn fritters for me. Hint hint. Haha. 😉
I became obsessed with smoked paprika a few years ago! Clearly I need to reignite my love for it 🙂
This is making me so super hungry right now.. Absolutely loving chicken corn fritters.. now I need to go find some!
Love corn fritters! Corn cakes! Corn corn corn!!
These do sound delicious, especially with the paprikanaise 😉
I love the women’s weekly cookbooks, they have such winner recipes. This looks really yummy and easy to do!
She Wore It Well Blog
Making this whole recipe tonight! YAHOO!
What a perfect mate of corn fritters.