Oaty Chocolate Cookies
The first time I made these back in August 2008 I used a leftover Easter bunny. This time I’ve used a chopped up block of Old Gold dark chocolate, since I no longer receive Easter chocolates!
A relatively easy recipe to put together to fill up your cookie jar for the week ahead!
Oaty Chocolate CookiesPrint Recipe
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 190g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 130g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 230g rolled oats
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line three large baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat till smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the oats and choc chips and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on the baking trays. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until pale golden if you like them to be soft and chewy and longer if you like them with a bit of crunch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Post Updated 12 July 2020.