Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles

“I used to have have phobia when it came to cooking fish. I seemed to have nailed it when cooking this good looking teriyaki dish!”

However you say it, it’s delushicous 😛

Seafood and fish are what you will find me eating on Good Friday. It’s what I grew up doing. I don’t know why we did it, it’s just what we did. I still do it, just to keep up with tradition. I didn’t have any plans to catch up with friends or family over fish and chips this year, so I had to figure out what to feed myself.

Luckily, Spiral Foods had a box of goodies delivered to me out of the blue earlier that week, with a recipe for teriyaki salmon in it. It’s like they knew I was going to be alone this Easter… freaky. In the box contained tamarimirinmiso, and some sesame crackers which I plan to use on a cheeseboard soon.. watch this space. I pimped up the salmon with some soba noodles, a fresh cup of green tea, and deemed Good Friday better than the average Friday.

An extremely simple recipe to make, clean flavours, and just as good on any day that isn’t Good Friday.  The miso was really good too for instant miso, with wakame and spring onions. Great flavour with no MSG… bonus!

For more information on Spiral Foods, stockists and their products head to:

Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles

• 2 Salmon fillets
  • 2 tbsp Spiral Tamari
  • 2 tbsp Spiral Mirin
  • 2 tbsp Sake (Japanese rice wine)
  • 1 tbsp Castor sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
  • 2/3 packet of soba noodles
  • 1 spring onion, plus extra finely sliced to garnish
  • sesasme seeds
  1. In a fry pan, heat oil and sauté salmon. If the salmon has skin, place skin side down first to cook until crispy.
  2. Once cooked discard surplus oil from the pan. In a separate bowl mix the teriyaki sauce ingredients together; Tamari, Mirin, Sake, Castor Sugar and pour over the salmon while still in the pan.
  3. Meanwhile, cook soba noodles according to packet instructions (usually around 4 minutes). Drain and rinse thoroughly. Mix through sesame oil, sesame seeds and spring onion.
  4. Divide noodles into serving dishes, top with salmon and extra spring onion.

34 comments on “Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles
  1. Ling - April 3, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Stop it girlfriend you make all my food blog posts look so bad. LOL How good does that look. OMG

2. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - April 3, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I agree with Ling! Your photos don’t encourage me to post any recipes hehe :) fish fish fish! I really should eat more of it! Super healthy! Love salmon ~ have passed recipe to recipe to him! Hope he ll make it soon! Xox

3. leaf (the indolent cook) - April 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

That’s a good looking piece of salmon steak. I want awesome surprise food deliveries, too!

4. Kristy @ Southern In Law - April 4, 2013 at 7:21 am

Yum! This looks delish – I just got the same pack from Spiral foods and I’m going to try the teriyaki marinade with chicken! We shall see how that goessss!

5. milkteaxx - April 4, 2013 at 11:14 am

move to syd and cook for me!

6. Leah - April 4, 2013 at 1:47 pm

You always make food look so easy and delicious!

7. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today - April 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Your food looks so beautiful that I’m not sure if I could eat it. Maybe after looking on if for an hour :)

8. Ashley - April 4, 2013 at 5:33 pm

But really, this looks totally delicious, I love doing miso glaze salmon, but haven’t tried teriyaki! Will mix it up next time :)

9. Maria @ Feisty Tapas - April 4, 2013 at 6:27 pm

That looks fantastic (and easy!), I make a similar version but without the sugar, with husband being a diabetic I try not to add too much sugar to the food he is going to eat inadvertently (i.e. without realising it could have sugars in it).

10. Agnes - April 4, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I must almost be the only person who didn’t eat fish on Good Friday. Looks amazing though (particularly with those words over the photo.. hehee)

11. msihua - April 4, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Man photos are amazing!! Looks like full frame shot, but … oh wow.. I’m in <3

12. Michelle @ The Bakeanista - April 4, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Your photos looks like magazine pictures! So so awesome! Love your food styling – makes everything, however simple or difficult, so nomlicious! I’m going to try your version of the teriyaki salmon. Hehe hopefully it turns out as good as yours!

13. Sara @bellyrumbles - April 4, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Oh wow that looks gorgeous. Juicy and moist on the inside and that lovely caramelisation on the outside, oh yeah baby.

14. angela@mykikicake - April 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

This looks soo soo good. I have to try this out on the weekend. Beautiful photos as well!

15. jac - April 4, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Looks delicious and easy!

16. fati's recipes - April 4, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Bookmarked for very near future cooking! YUM!

17. Christie @ Fig & Cherry - April 5, 2013 at 9:09 am

This is such a perfect meal and a mouthwatering photo!

18. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious - April 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I love everything about this! I may just have to have a second dinner with this.

19. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - April 5, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Gorgeous photos Shellie and I love the fact that this is healthy but simple too! 😀 The ingredients list is so short too!

20. My Food Safari - April 5, 2013 at 8:36 pm

I love your new website. I am a new Thermomix owner and will start blogging some Thermomix recipes.

21. Gourmet Getaways - April 6, 2013 at 6:23 am

What an amazing looking dish!! Even Mr GG commented when I showed him! Obviously the people at Spiral Foods know you well. I will be trying this dish for sure… I have no choice now that Mr gg has seen it 😉

22. Ruta - April 6, 2013 at 7:39 am

Your pictures made me drool, and I’m not even kidding. That salmon just looks so indredible. I need it, like, now. Perhaps a double dinner is in order tonight.

23. Libby - April 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm

OMG that looks incredible!

I’m a fish and chips on Good Friday type girl but I’m going to make an effort to be a lot healthier next time and make this :p

24. InTolerant Chef - April 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Oh this sounds delicious and it has such a pretty burnished finish to it as well- yummo!

25. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - April 7, 2013 at 3:00 am

There should be a law against hungryfying photos like this at 3am or I should go to bed earlier :)

26. myfoodbook - April 8, 2013 at 8:31 am

That looks outstanding!

27. Yasmeen @ Wandering Spice - June 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Absolutely fantastic. I am literally salivating over here, that salmon looks so perfect! Just what I’m craving and I never make soba anything at home. Perfect excuse to try.

28. Krissie (Pearls of Style) - July 24, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Yummm this looks mouthwateringly good. Will definitely be trying this out. Love the colour you got on the salmon.

Krissie Pearls of Style