Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles

Fish.

Fush.

Feeeeesh.

However you say it, it’s delushicous :P

Seafood and fish are what you will find me eating on Good Friday. It’s what I grew up doing. I don’t know why we did it, it’s just what we did. I still do it, just to keep up with tradition. I didn’t have any plans to catch up with friends or family over fish and chips this year, so I had to figure out what to feed myself.

Luckily, Spiral Foods had a box of goodies delivered to me out of the blue earlier that week, with a recipe for teriyaki salmon in it. It’s like they knew I was going to be alone this Easter… freaky. In the box contained tamarimirinmiso, and some sesame crackers which I plan to use on a cheeseboard soon.. watch this space. I pimped up the salmon with some soba noodles, a fresh cup of green tea, and deemed Good Friday better than the average Friday.

An extremely simple recipe to make, clean flavours, and just as good on any day that isn’t Good Friday.  The miso was really good too for instant miso, with wakame and spring onions. Great flavour with no MSG… bonus!

For more information on Spiral Foods, stockists and their products head to: www.spiralfoods.com.au

Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles

• 2 Salmon fillets
  • 2 tbsp Spiral Tamari
  • 2 tbsp Spiral Mirin
  • 2 tbsp Sake (Japanese rice wine)
  • 1 tbsp Castor sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
  • 2/3 packet of soba noodles
  • 1 spring onion, plus extra finely sliced to garnish
  • sesasme seeds
  1. In a fry pan, heat oil and sauté salmon. If the salmon has skin, place skin side down first to cook until crispy.
  2. Once cooked discard surplus oil from the pan. In a separate bowl mix the teriyaki sauce ingredients together; Tamari, Mirin, Sake, Castor Sugar and pour over the salmon while still in the pan.
  3. Meanwhile, cook soba noodles according to packet instructions (usually around 4 minutes). Drain and rinse thoroughly. Mix through sesame oil, sesame seeds and spring onion.
  4. Divide noodles into serving dishes, top with salmon and extra spring onion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comments
33 Responses to “Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles”
  1. Ling says:

Stop it girlfriend you make all my food blog posts look so bad. LOL How good does that look. OMG
    Ling recently posted..Stalk my Holiday: Drugstore Haul

2. I agree with Ling! Your photos don’t encourage me to post any recipes hehe :) fish fish fish! I really should eat more of it! Super healthy! Love salmon ~ have passed recipe to recipe to him! Hope he ll make it soon! Xox
    Daisy@Nevertoosweet recently posted..Easter’s Over – Cacao Easter Egg Masterclass

3. That’s a good looking piece of salmon steak. I want awesome surprise food deliveries, too!
    leaf (the indolent cook) recently posted..coconut rhubarb ice pops / icy poles (vegan)

4. Yum! This looks delish – I just got the same pack from Spiral foods and I’m going to try the teriyaki marinade with chicken! We shall see how that goessss!
    Kristy @ Southern In Law recently posted..Happy Birthday, Jesse!

5. milkteaxx says:

move to syd and cook for me!
    milkteaxx recently posted..momofuku seiobo at The Star Sydney

6. Leah says:

You always make food look so easy and delicious!

7. Your food looks so beautiful that I’m not sure if I could eat it. Maybe after looking on if for an hour :)
    Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today recently posted..Red quinoa with raisins and pecans

8. Ashley says:

THEY’RE STALKING YOU.

But really, this looks totally delicious, I love doing miso glaze salmon, but haven’t tried teriyaki! Will mix it up next time :)
    Ashley recently posted..Bluebird Espresso

9. That looks fantastic (and easy!), I make a similar version but without the sugar, with husband being a diabetic I try not to add too much sugar to the food he is going to eat inadvertently (i.e. without realising it could have sugars in it).
    Maria @ Feisty Tapas recently posted..Shortbread biscuits / Galletas de mantequilla (Thermomix)

10. Agnes says:

I must almost be the only person who didn’t eat fish on Good Friday. Looks amazing though (particularly with those words over the photo.. hehee)
    Agnes recently posted..Hammer and Tong

11. msihua says:

Man photos are amazing!! Looks like full frame shot, but … oh wow.. I’m in <3

12. Your photos looks like magazine pictures! So so awesome! Love your food styling – makes everything, however simple or difficult, so nomlicious! I’m going to try your version of the teriyaki salmon. Hehe hopefully it turns out as good as yours!
    Michelle @ The Bakeanista recently posted..Komeyui @ Port Melbourne

13. Oh wow that looks gorgeous. Juicy and moist on the inside and that lovely caramelisation on the outside, oh yeah baby.
    Sara @bellyrumbles recently posted..Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour – Carmen

14. This looks soo soo good. I have to try this out on the weekend. Beautiful photos as well!
    angela@mykikicake recently posted..Prague – Food & Travel Diary

15. jac says:

Looks delicious and easy!
    jac recently posted..Mr Hive Kitchen & Bar – MFWF Restaurant Express

16. Bookmarked for very near future cooking! YUM!
    fati’s recipes recently posted..pizza margherita [and base]

17. This is such a perfect meal and a mouthwatering photo!
    Christie @ Fig & Cherry recently posted..This week I’m craving… nature’s caramel (OK, dates)

18. I love everything about this! I may just have to have a second dinner with this.
    Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted..Cinnamon Puppy Chow

19. Gorgeous photos Shellie and I love the fact that this is healthy but simple too! :D The ingredients list is so short too!
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Nut-Free “Peanut Butter” Sunflower Seed Spread

20. I love your new website. I am a new Thermomix owner and will start blogging some Thermomix recipes.
    My Food Safari recently posted..Sambal Prawns

21. What an amazing looking dish!! Even Mr GG commented when I showed him! Obviously the people at Spiral Foods know you well. I will be trying this dish for sure… I have no choice now that Mr gg has seen it ;)
    Gourmet Getaways recently posted..Food & Wine Writers Picnic

22. Ruta says:

Your pictures made me drool, and I’m not even kidding. That salmon just looks so indredible. I need it, like, now. Perhaps a double dinner is in order tonight.

23. Libby says:

OMG that looks incredible!

I’m a fish and chips on Good Friday type girl but I’m going to make an effort to be a lot healthier next time and make this :p
    Libby recently posted..Comment on ShanDong Mama by libishski

24. Oh this sounds delicious and it has such a pretty burnished finish to it as well- yummo!
    InTolerant Chef recently posted..Honey and Lemon Lamb Tagine

25. There should be a law against hungryfying photos like this at 3am or I should go to bed earlier :)
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Noosa International Food and Wine Festival 2013

26. myfoodbook says:

That looks outstanding!

27. Absolutely fantastic. I am literally salivating over here, that salmon looks so perfect! Just what I’m craving and I never make soba anything at home. Perfect excuse to try.
    Yasmeen @ Wandering Spice recently posted..Grilled Pepper, Zucchini and Halloumi salad

28. Yummm this looks mouthwateringly good. Will definitely be trying this out. Love the colour you got on the salmon.

Krissie Pearls of Style
    Krissie (Pearls of Style) recently posted..Suitcase. How to tackle carry-on luggage

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] Another recipe you should definitely try is; Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles. […]

2. […] Wednesday—Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles […]