MUTTI Bread Wreath
Make your Christmas celebrations extra special with this show stopping bread wreath made with MUTTI Polpa and Cherry Tomatoes. This fluffy bread is filled with a delicious pizza sauce, all you need to do is add a ribbon and your wreath is complete!
MUTTI Bread WreathPrint Recipe
- 7 g dried active yeast
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 250 ml warm milk
- 550 g plain flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves, to decorate
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 210 g MUTTI Polpa
- 400g MUTTI Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- In a bowl, add the sugar, yeast and milk and whisk to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the flour, salt and 2 eggs, along with the milk mixture. Mix for a minute on low to combine, then for a further 10 minutes on medium until the dough is smooth. Add butter one piece at a time, beating well between each addition. Once all the butter has been added, beat for a further 5 minutes on medium.
- Lightly oil a large clean bowl, form the dough into a ball and place into the bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let it rise until doubled, around 1 hour.
- Whilst the dough is proofing, make the pizza sauce. Place a strainer over a bowl and strain the tin of MUTTI Cherry Tomatoes. Carefully remove the 10 best cherry tomatoes, place back in the tin and set aside for later.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding in the MUTTI Polpa and remaining MUTTI Cherry Tomato contents. Add dried oregano and season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally until thick. Once thick blitz with a stick mixer or food processor. Spread onto a large plate to cool down the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 60x30cm rectangle. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 2cm border. Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce. Roll up tightly from one of the longer sides so you end up with one log. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into half lengthways. Turn the halves so the cut sides face up. Lift one halved log pieces over the other so that they form a cross at one end, with the filling layers still pointing upwards. Continue to twist the strands over each other until the dough looks like a twist.
- To form the wreath, bring the two ends together, and twist the two ends together. Transfer the wreath carefully onto the prepared baking tray.
- Lightly beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and brush wreath with egg. Decorate the wreath with the reserved cherry tomatoes. Place the tray in the middle rack in the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Let the wreath cool for 10-15 minutes before decorating with basil leaves and a ribbon.