BBQ Lemon Prawns With Avocado
Another one from last Summer’s archives. This one is easy to put together after work and will leave you wanting more.
The original recipe says to char grill the avocado. I instagramed everything on the griddle plate with a few of you in uproar that avocado was on there. After eating the hot avocado, I wish I didn’t put it on the heat. So I’ve changed the recipe to not char grill it. It’s not nice when it’s warm! I also added a splash of balsamic vinegar for bit a of tang. I love mopping up leftover salad dressing or bruschetta mix with bread, so it made sense to me!
BBQ Lemon Prawns With AvocadoPrint Recipe
- 4 thick slices 200g stale sourdough
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 600 g Roma tomatoes chopped roughly
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 24 frozen prawn cutlets thawed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 avocados halved & seeds removed
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- Handful basil leaves torn if large
- Heat barbecue or chargrill plate over high heat. Toast sourdough for a couple of mins on either side, until crisp. Remove from heat.
- Place lemon juice and caster sugar in large mixing bowl and whisk to dissolve sugar. Add extra virgin olive oil and a little salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Tear toast slices and add to dressing in bowl. Add tomatoes and spring onions and toss well with your hands to combine, squeezing a little to release some of the tomato juices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place prawns in medium mixing bowl, add lemon zest and season. Toss to coat. Cook on barbecue for a few mins, until just cooked through.
- Remove prawns from barbecue and add to bowl containing bread and tomatoes. Using spoon, scoop flesh from avocados and add to bowl. Add basil and a splash of balsamic vinegar and toss well to coat. Serve while warm.