{Eating Out} Snow Pony

“Snow Pony is famous for it's smashed avocado on toast; but I say their banana bread is also a winner.”

Snow Pony - Feature Image
{Eating Out} Snow Pony

{Eating Out} Snow Pony

I’m not really one that goes out for brunch much. Either I sleep in too late, have too much to do, or attempt to make something delicious at home instead. But I read too many blogs, and have too many places on my wish list of places to try… brunch might happen a little more frequently. In fact I went out both days this weekend for brunch, a very rare treat indeed.

Today I caught up with my BFF for brunch and retail therapy. Snow Pony has been on my list for at least 2 years, mainly their banana bread. Whilst I have been to Porgie + Mr Jones which is owned by the same people, and has the same menu; I went for lunch and had an amazing steak sandwich there.

We made the trek over to Balwyn, had a short wait for a table, but let me tell you… it was so worth it. We both had the banana bread (BFF Alana apologised for ordering the same thing as it wouldn’t make for a very exciting blog post 😛 Bless! ) and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn’t too sweet, and we didn’t feel extremely thirsty or gross after eating it, unlike when we left Replete Providore after their hot cakes. The berries and the pistachio are a great accompaniment, and the fresh banana helps to cut through everything. The banana bread itself was light and fluffy; seriously an all around perfect dish.

Service was friendly, and prices were rather reasonable. I’ll definitely head back when I’m in the area next.

Snow Pony on Urbanspoon

{Eating Out} Snow Pony

Comments

13 comments on “{Eating Out} Snow Pony
  1. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - August 20, 2012 at 7:15 am

Your brunch looks lovely! What a good way to catch up with your BFF!

2. Tina @ bitemeshowme - August 20, 2012 at 10:06 am

Brunch is my favourite meal of the day, well breakfast really. Wow that toasted banana bread looks amazing. It’s definitely not just your normal banana bread coming from a toaster. I just want to dig right in!

3. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - August 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’d re-label a friend BFF if she took me to places that served this banana bread!

4. Ames - August 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm

There are way too many great brunch spots in Melbourne so I’m in the same boat as you 😛 This banana bread dish is one that has definitely done the rounds on the food blog circuit so it’s no wonder your BFF had to have it too! Looking forward to making a trip out there one day :).

5. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - August 20, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hehe I love brunch food but I love to sleep in too so I don’t often make it to brunch :) That banana bread looks epic! 😮

6. Sarah - August 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Tee-hee, we were at Porgie & Mr Jones at the same time as you were at Snow Pony! I loved the coffee and the avocado on toast at P&MJ, will have to try the Banana Bread next time!

7. Adrian (Food Rehab) - August 20, 2012 at 9:59 pm

That’s one huge stack of banana bread! Yes…getting up early on a winter’s weekend to brave the cafe queues can be challenging

8. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - August 21, 2012 at 9:36 pm

YAY you made it to Snow Pony 😉 The banana bread is SO worth it!!! I think it’s time i went back for it hehe :) nothing quite like it!!! I love going out for brunch and the opposite to you will wake up early to go 😀

9. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake - August 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I’ve been to Snow Pony before, I had a great time there. One of my favourite brunch spots out in the suburbs actually. Loved the environment as well, although never tried their banana bread! That is one big bread. I should have tried it…

10. Thanh - August 23, 2012 at 7:46 am

You know I won’t get out of bed early on weekends for brunch either. So can we do our corn fritters partay at night please 😉

11. Agnes - August 24, 2012 at 8:29 pm

You both ordered the same thing?! NOOOOOOO.

12. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - August 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm

yum! I’m such a brunch girl. breakfast really, hate to miss out on lunch 😉 I love this place but have never tried this beautiful dish. I’m always in a egg mood. Must get this next time!

13. homepage - September 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I love your site~~your blog~~with so many beautiful and amazing pictures in your page~~~you know the point is that your stylish writing is helpful ~