{Eating Out} Coda

“Last year I won a voucher to eat at Coda; Adam D'Sylva's restaurant in Melbourne's CBD. It's a bit on the pricey side, so I was glad to be able to experience it without emptying my wallet. The food was outrageously good! I really can't wait to go back.”

I’ve been going through my archives in Lightroom and realising how much I haven’t shared with you all yet.

Last year I won a voucher to eat at Coda; Adam D’Sylva’s restaurant in Melbourne’s CBD. It’s a bit on the pricey side, so I was glad to be able to experience it without emptying my wallet.

It’s below street level, and has a great vibe as soon as you walk through the door. The windows allow you to see people’s feet shuffle on by, as you emerse yourself in the great fusion food.

I couldn’t fault the service, our waitress was great at recommending dishes, and when we couldn’t decide on which mains to eat, she suggested we just get half serves so we could try as much as possible. Genius idea! It was hard narrowing down what to eat as I really wanted to try everything on the menu…. no I’m serious.. absolutely everything, including ALL the desserts.

Uhma Chicken (half main size serve)
Blackened quail, daikon and shiso salad $7.8ea

Roasted Yellow Duck Curry (half main size serve)

Oh my stars this curry was completely, and utterly amazing. Rich, creamy, and everything you could possibly want. The uhma chicken was also rich, but had an incredible flavour; spicy, tangy…  I want the recipe!

Of course, even though I was bursting at the seams, I NEEDED to try at least one dessert.

OMG.

O.M.G.

O…M…G.

Seriously. One of the best desserts I’ve EVER had.

I would HIGHLY recommend Coda for a date night or special occasion  As I mentioned, it is a bit pricey, but really, REALLY worth it. The food it just sensational. I hope I can go back soon, even if I do have to pay 😛

Coda on Urbanspoon

Comments

10 comments on “{Eating Out} Coda
  1. msihua - July 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Best desserts?! I still find it hard to justify paying so much for what I can do at home.. but then that’s most places, and I still go.. so.. it’s back on the list!

2. Ling - July 15, 2013 at 10:36 pm

OMG want this now. Check out that sugar cane prawns.
    Weird coincidence I had not heard coda mentioned for ages and I see your blog post and my friend was talking about going there tonight.

3. Ashley - July 16, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’d been treated to a meal once here, but didn’t take very good pictures unfortunately!

THat dessert look SO INSANE, i remember having good sweets when i was there last time too… :)

4. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - July 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Looks like a place not to be missed. All the dishes looked so good and then I saw that dessert and nearly melted in my chair. I’d want to start with that.

5. GourmetGetaways - July 17, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I am pinning this as a place I have to go to!! It looks awesome!
    The curry and the dessert… WOW!!!
    The serves are quite generous for half portions too :)

6. Krissie (Pearls of Style) - July 18, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Oh my goodness I’m so excited to go here now! I’ve been wanting to try Coda for ages. The food looks incredible and great pictures. Thanks for the review.

Krissie Pearls of Style

7. Mez - July 21, 2013 at 3:59 pm

oh
    my
    gawd
    that dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!

this all looks phenom, I want to go but Hamish isn’t really down – what a kill joy.

xox

8. cquek - July 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm

*drool* So much delicious especially Blackberry & Marshmallow Semifreddo with Peanut Butter Crunch and Salted Caramel

9. Sara @bellyrumbles - July 25, 2013 at 12:04 am

OMG I love the sugarcane prawn, looks like a giant fuzzy lollypop, want want want!

10. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - July 25, 2013 at 3:11 am

So lucky you won a voucher! Coda is amazing I really enjoyed it last time I went! Awww you didn’t have the beef ribs they were awesome!!! 😀

Let’s go back!