{Happy 4th Blog Birthday} Peach & Raspberry Slice

“Today Iron Chef Shellie turns 4! It’s been another amazing year to be a food blogger. Making lots of new friends, I finally got up to Sydney to gorge myself on Zumbo treaties and there was even a trip to New Zealand! I hope you have enjoyed reading, and I hope we can share many...”

{Happy 4th Blog Birthday} Peach & Raspberry Slice

{Happy 4th Blog Birthday} Peach & Raspberry Slice

Today Iron Chef Shellie turns 4!

I hope you have enjoyed reading, and I hope we can share many more delicious posts together :)

My slice didn’t turn out as pretty as the book, but that’s because the tin I used was smaller. It still tasted delicious though!

Peach & Raspberry Slice

Bill Granger

185g (6.5 oz or 1.5 cups) plain (all purpose flour)
1.5 teaspoons baking powder, plus an extra ½ teaspoon extra
125g (4.5 oz) butter, chilled and diced
115g (4 oz or ½ cup) soft brown sugar
115g (4 oz or ½ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
90g (3.25 oz or ¾ cup) raspberries – fresh or frozen
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten
185ml (6 fl oz or 0.¾ cup) milk

Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4). Grease and line the base of a 20x30cm (8x12in) baking tray. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and then rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in both the sugars. Press half the mixture over the base of the tin. Lay the peaches over the top and sprinkle with raspberries.

Add the vanilla extract, extra baking powder, egg and milk to the rest of the base mixture and stir well – don’t worry too much about lumps. Pour evenly over the top of the peaches and raspberries and bake for 1 hour. Cool in the tray and then cut into squares to serve.

{Happy 4th Blog Birthday} Peach & Raspberry Slice

Comments

23 comments on “{Happy 4th Blog Birthday} Peach & Raspberry Slice
  1. Tina @ bitemeshowme - January 24, 2012 at 6:52 am

Happy bloggiversary, Shellie! 😀 You only get better and better! Looking forward to another year ahead!

2. leah - January 24, 2012 at 8:19 am

Looks delicious to me 😀

Happy bloggy fourth birthday! xo

3. Chopinand @ ChopinandMysaucepan - January 24, 2012 at 8:51 am

Dear Iron Chef Shellie,

Congratulations and happy 4th anniversary! We hope that we can even celebrate our first anniversary this year.

Your posts and recipes are always exciting and I will always remember your beautiful and inspiring photography and food styling.

4. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - January 24, 2012 at 8:51 am

Happy blog birthday! Four years of blogging is a big achievement (plus the slice does look delicious).

5. Luke - January 24, 2012 at 9:22 am

Happy birthday, Shell! I thought that treatie was looking tasty on Instagram and I said to Mike, “I wonder what ICS is up to” Now I know. Looks great!

6. chocolatesuze - January 24, 2012 at 11:15 am

woohoooo happy blogiversary! here’s to many more years of delicious eats!

7. Michelle chin - January 24, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ooh the cake looks so moist and lovely! It’s okay if it doesn’t look like the illustration. Perhaps, it’s cake makeup. Who knkows right?

8. Kat - January 24, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Happy blog birthday. That slice looks delicious, I might make it this week, perfect summer dessert.

9. Simon @ the heart of food - January 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Yay to yet another year for your blog! Happy Blirthday!

Here’s to another year of awesome :)

10. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - January 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Happy 4th blogiversary! Looking forward to another year :)

11. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - January 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Happy Blogversary :)

I have really enjoyed reading your blog and can’t wait to see what adventures you take us on this year ~

Would like to say Thank You again for encouraging me to start my blog!

12. Hannah - January 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Happy blogiversary, Shellie! Here’s to four billion more years of delicious awesomeness 😀

13. tania@mykitchenstories - January 24, 2012 at 9:08 pm

HAPPY bloggaversary. How wonderfully Summer , a great way to bake peaches and raspberries.!

14. Ashley - January 24, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Awww! Happy Bloggiversary! May more yummy treats be found soon :)

15. thelittleloaf - January 24, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Happy 4th birthday! Keep up the good work and looking forward to reading the next year’s worth of delicious posts :-)

16. Gourmet getaways - January 25, 2012 at 9:26 am

Congratulations on 4 years!!! That is a huge achievement!!!

The cake looks absolutely delicious. I love it when there is fruit in cakes. YUM

17. marcellina - January 25, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Peach and raspberry! What a divine combination! I don’t usually cook with stone fruit – their season seems so short (especially here in the tropics) that I only want to eat them fresh. But this has changed my mind. I better get in quick the season is almost over! This is wonderful!

18. EatPlayShop - January 27, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Happy Fourth Birthday, and thank you for sharing your stories and recipes, twitter chats and instagrams :)

19. penny aka jeroxie - January 29, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Sorry that I am a little late! Happy Bloggy Day Girl and many more to come :)

20. April - January 31, 2012 at 9:43 am

Have to apologise for being late to wish you a very happy blog birthday! Can’t wait to read all your eating adventures in your 5th year!

21. Emma - February 4, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Happy Blog Birthday! 4 years, wow! Here’s to many more. x

22. Adrian (Food Rehab) - February 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm

AAAW! Habby Bloggy-Birthday!!! Totally lovin what you’re doing.