Candy Cane Brownies
Another cute culinary gift you can give, are these mini brownies, smothered with ganache and topped with candy canes. You can make them cupcake size, or mini cupcake size I have done here.
They actually look more like puddings if you ice them when they are upside down like these ultimate choc puddings I made a few years ago. But my mini brownies domed too much so I served them right side up.
Also well received at work on Friday at social drinks, and they look cute as a button!
Candy Cane BrowniesPrint Recipe
- 125 g butter chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- ⅔ cup 120g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup 100g plain flour, sifted
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa sifted
- 100 g candy canes chopped
- Chocolate Ganache
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- ⅓ cup 80ml single cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Place the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place bowl with the sugar and eggs and mix to combine. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine. Spoon into 2 lightly greased 12-hole 25ml-capacity mini muffin tins and bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Cool. Turn the brownies upside-down, top with a teaspoon of ganache and sprinkle with chopped candy canes to decorate.
Tina @ bitemeshowme
these are too cute to be eaten. i can picture everyone wanting to take a couple.. or several. I know i would..
Heidi - Apples Under My Bed
Super cute, Shellie! Ahh I love Christmas baking. x
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
Forget what these other two say, they are not too cute to eat. I’m happy to devour theirs. 🙂