International Incident Party – Eggs
I jumped on the International Incident Party bandwagon again, started off by Jeroxie, Anh from A Food Lover’s Journey and Cherrie of Sweet Cherrie Pie. This month’s co-hosts were Trix, Natasha, honey and soy!
I took the opportunity to try a recipe I’ve been waiting to try for a while now. I had grand plans to make it for breakfast one Sunday morning. That didn’t work out, as we woke up late, and were meeting my Grandma for lunch. So instead, I made it for breakfast!
The flavours just worked so well together. The spiciness of the chorizo, the tang of the red wine vinegar with tomato and coriander provided a fresh and refreshing taste, and the creamy eggs with cheesy tortilla… I drool just reminiscing.
3 chorizo sausages (500g), sliced thickly
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
4 x 15cm flour tortillas
1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
Fresh tomato salsa
2 small tomatoes (180g), chopped finely
1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 140ºC fan-forced.
2. Make fresh tomato salsa: combine tomatoes, onion, vinegar and oil in a small bowl; cover, stand 15 minutes. Stir in coriander just before serving.
3. Cook chorizo on heated oil grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until well browned. Drain on absorbent paper; cover to keep warm.
4. Whisk eggs and cream in medium bowl. Melt butter in medium frying pan; cook egg mixture over low heat, stirring gently, until creamy.
5. Meanwhile, place tortillas on oven tray, sprinkle with cheese; warm in over until cheese melts.
6. Divide tortillas among serving plates; top with egg, chorizo and salsa.
See what the other’s got up to: