Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit

“I’m trying to do as many recipes that I been gawking at for months, even years that involve the deliciousness of summer stone fruit. There are a few mango recipes that I’m afraid are going to have to wait until next season, as I’ve missed the boat. For now I’m concentrating on peaches, nectarines and...”

Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit

Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit

For now I’m concentrating on peaches, nectarines and cherries. I <3 nectarines, and I <3 how well they go with bircher muesli.

Another easy recipe you can basically prepare the night before. A bowl of fresh stone fruit bircher muesli is a great start to any day!

Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit

Bill Granger

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup apple juice
1 cup coarsely grated apple
½ cup natural yoghurt
juice of 1 lemon
½ cup sliced peaches & nectarines
¼ cup mixed berries
2 tablespoons honey

Place oats and apple juice in a bowl and soak for 1 hour, or overnight. Add grated apple, yoghurt & lemon juice to oat mixture & mix well. Spoon into serving bowls & top with fruit. Drizzle with honey.

Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit

Comments

19 comments on “Bircher Muesli with Stone Fruit
  1. Chopinand @ ChopinandMysaucepan - February 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Dear Iron Chef Shellie,

This looks almost as bright and beautiful as the smile on your twitter avatar.

2. leaf (the indolent cook) - February 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I love muesli for breakfast. So wholesome!

3. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - February 3, 2012 at 4:10 am

I love bircher muesli :) I still need to convince Mr Bao that it’s such a yummy and healthy way to start the day ~

4. Tina @ bitemeshowme - February 3, 2012 at 6:46 am

I love how the fruit just makes everything brighter 😀

5. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - February 3, 2012 at 8:15 am

Oh hello lovely….I would love a bowl of this right now. Stone fruit is just the best :)

6. Nic@diningwithastud - February 3, 2012 at 10:23 am

Oh I love nectarines too. I started eating white nectarines on a diet a few years back and never looked back. They’re so yummy! Love bircher muesli too. As always, looks fab lovely :)

7. Leah - February 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Looks delicious :)

8. Hannah - February 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Yay, I had bircher muesli for lunch today! Except a very lazy version with natural yoghurt and bought muesli and no fruit… so you win. I’m currently obsessed with white nectarines :)

9. thelittleloaf - February 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Gorgeous. I use Bill’s recipe for Bircher Muesli too and it’s always a winner. I’ve found that you don’t really need to soak the oats for a full hour – about 20 mins will do if you forget to do it the night before!

10. tania@mykitchenstories - February 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Lovely Miss Chef, looks bright and delicious

11. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - February 4, 2012 at 1:26 am

What a perfect way to start the day!

12. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - February 5, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I love bircher muesli but am sadly never organised enough to start soaking it the night before.

13. msihua - February 5, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Ahhh I’ve given up on muesli but I’m trying to do more recipes too! And nice plates *wink*

14. Becca - February 6, 2012 at 12:29 am

This is perfect to share this valentine for my hubby!
    thanks for sharing!!

15. Gourmet getaways - February 6, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I love bircher muesli and this is exactly how I make mine! Although sometimes I add low fat vanilla yoghurt and don’t use honey DELICIOUS!!!

16. Guia - February 16, 2012 at 12:29 am

This is the best way to eat yoghurt.. Thanks for sharing this with us.. I love to try it out!

17. betty - February 16, 2012 at 9:55 am

i love bircher muesli!

18. Cal@fruit date - March 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm

The stone fruit looks nice. Muesli will be so good for breakfast. I will have to try it out some time.

19. Maria @epicuriously - August 31, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Oh my goodness, so glad you posted this recipe. I’m in the middle of moving, and all my cookbooks have been packed away and I’m desperately craving some Bill action at home…!!
    PS love the blog =)