Tiramisu Cheesecake

“The occasion? My mum’s boss came to dinner, I owed him a cheesecake, and this one looked the most impressive in off of my books. The only problem was, we needed marsala which mum kindly took care of at the local bottle-o. I not a big coffee person. I can drink a mocha (half chocolate,...”

Recipes | September 2, 2009
Tiramisu Cheesecake

Tiramisu Cheesecake

I not a big coffee person. I can drink a mocha (half chocolate, half coffee), but I’ve never really enjoyed a cappuccino. But this cake was just heaven! I was even chomping on the chocolate coffee coated beans just for the hell of it… sure the chocolate helped! I couldn’t really taste the marsala, but my mum’s boss picked up there was alcohol in it. Everyone really enjoyed this cheesecake, so light and creamy.

I was a bit worried it would collapse when it unmoulded, but luckily everything stayed in place. Going to be whipping out this one at the next dinner gathering I think!

Tiramisu Cheesecake

2 tablespoons water
125g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
250g mascarpone
2 tablespoons marsala
300ml thickened cream, whipped

1. Grease a 24cm round springform tin.

2. Combine coffee and the water in a coffee plunger; stand for 4 minutes before plunging. Combine coffee, sugar and marsala in medium heatproof bowl; cool 10 minutes.

3. Place 1/3 cup (80ml) cofee mixture in small saucepan; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Cool.

4. Cut each biscuit into 7cm lengths; reserve end pieces (don’t eat them!). Dip flat side of biscuit lengths one at a time in remaining coffee mixture; arrange biscuits, round side out; around the side of the tin. Dip reserved biscuit ends in coffee mixture and place of the base of the tin to form the base.

5. Make filling by sprinkling gelatine over the water in a small heatproof bowl. Heat in microwave until dissolved. Mine took about 20 seconds on high. Cool.

6. Beat cheese and sifted sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add mascarpone and marsala; beat until combined. Stir in gelatine mixture; fold in whipped cream.

7. Spread filling into tin. Drizzle reduced coffee mixture over cheesecake, pull skewer backwards and forwards several times for a marbled effect. Refridgerate overnight.

8. Serve topped with chocolate coated coffee beans.

Voila! Bon Appétit!

Tiramisu Cheesecake

Comments

16 comments on “Tiramisu Cheesecake
  1. Kyla - September 2, 2009 at 11:15 am

Will be facing my gelatine fear and making this asap

2. Rilsta - September 2, 2009 at 11:20 am

I don't drink coffee at all but I will occasionally give tiramisu a try. Turning it into a cheesecake makes it even more appealing since I love cheesecake! It looks impressive with the biscuits around the edge, though the chocolate in the middle looks like olives!! :)

3. billy@ATFT - September 2, 2009 at 11:29 am

nicely done. My other half swears by tiramisu (that sums it up), this recipe will come in handy! :)

4. Jackie - September 2, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Oh my heavens, that looks delish! Hmmmm I see this in my future…

5. FFichiban - September 2, 2009 at 1:29 pm

I'm not a coffee person so I usually need a good dose of chocolate as well but this looks great!

6. Simon Food Favourites - September 2, 2009 at 5:18 pm

my eye sight must be failing because i thought for a second they looked like pitted black olives on top hehe. looks great!

7. Kiranjeet Kaur - September 2, 2009 at 7:09 pm

oh my… that looks absolutely decadent darling. You've done a really great job. How long did it take all in all? Sponge fingers… mmmm yum. Do you reckon we could try a tiramisu with marzipan filling? haha love xx

8. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - September 2, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Ahh too brilliant Shellie! I love the sponge finger sentries on the outside guarding the cheesecake inner :)

9. Bean Sprout's Cafe - September 2, 2009 at 8:26 pm

wow wow wow….. I love tiramisu and I love cheesecake.. when it comes together, must be wonderful !

10. Katie - September 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm

It looks yum! And I don't even like coffee!! x

11. Ellie - September 3, 2009 at 10:50 am

So pretty!!! Love love love tiramisu.

12. Iron Chef Shellie - September 3, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Hi Kyla – I used to have a gelatine fear, but mum guided me. Hope it turns out well!

Hi Rilsta – Ahhh another one who thinks the beans look like olives 😛 I would agree though, they do! It's a winner for everyone I think, unless you REALLY hate coffee.

Hi Billy – Thank you. I hope your other half likes this just as much as I did!

Hi Jackie – lol, I see this in your future too!

Hi FFichiban – Chocolate ALWAYS helps 😉

Hi Simon – ahh yes, that's what my friend Alana said about them! I would agree with you though!

Hi Kiran – It took about 1 hour or less? I doubt you can do it with marzipan darling, but for you I will try :)

Hi Lorraine – aww shucks Lorraine! many thanks!

Hi Bean Sprout's Cafe – Oh the combination is amazing!

Hi Katie – It looks as good as it tastes, and I'm not a big coffee fan either!

Hi Ellie – Thank you! I am now starting to like it a bit more!

13. Forager - September 3, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Delicious looking tiramisu! So many of my friends love it so I'll have to send them this recipe to check out :)

14. Iron Chef Shellie - September 5, 2009 at 10:46 am

Hi Forager – Thank you =) I hope they enjoy it!

15. Agnes - September 7, 2009 at 9:49 pm

That looks so good – I love the sponge fingers around the edge.

16. Iron Chef Shellie - September 8, 2009 at 10:29 am

Hi Agnes – The sponge fingers really make it look extra special =)