S’more Cupcakes

“Just a reminder that RSPCA Cupcake day is on Monday! If you are after something a little bit different, and little bit cute; why not give these a whirl!”

Smore Cupcakes - FEATURE IMAGE
S’more Cupcakes

S’more Cupcakes

Just a reminder that RSPCA Cupcake day is on Monday! I’ve had grand plans for a cupcake design, but I’m not too sure if I’m going to get the time to actually pull it off. It’s pretty crazy, I might just have to save it for another time.  I have been busy making all kinds of other cupcakes in the mean time, including these s’more ones I made last week for a 11 lucky people last week. I say 11 as I only made 11, I didn’t want to risk having 12 not tall enough ones, so I made 11 instead. I almost put a marshmallow in the middle of the batter, but resisted last moment. A delicious marshmallow frosting, nicely toasted with my favourite of all the kitchen gadgets, the blow torch.

I didn’t end up tasting one, as I sacrificed mine to one of the production guys who gets giddy when I bring in baked treats. The moment he suck his teeth in, his shoulders dropped, and the smile on his face was a real kodak moment. There were a few people having food-gasams over these cupcakes, so it looks like I’ll have to make them again and see what all the fuss is about!

S'more Cupcakes
Cupcakes
  1. 240g butter (melted)
  2. 100g good quality chocolate (melted)
  3. 4 eggs
  2. 1 eggwhite
  3. 1 tsp cream of tartar
  4. 30g white marshmallows, chopped
  5. Dark chocolate squares, to decorate
  6. Tiny Teddies, to decorate
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a cupcake tin will 11 liners (12 if you really want to!)
  2. Add melted butter and chocolate to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  3. Evenly distribute the batter into the cupcake cases.
  4. Bake in centre of pre-heated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
  5. Cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
  6. For the icing, whisk together sugar, eggwhite, cream of tartar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) and whisk for 10 minutes or until doubled in volume. (Alternatively, whisk with electric beaters for 6-8 minutes.) Whisk in marshmallow, then transfer to an electric mixer and whisk for 10 minutes or until bowl is cool.
  7. Pipe the marshmallow frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes. Lightly brown with a kitchen blow torch, and top each with a square of chocolate and tiny teddy.
Iron Chef Shellie http://ironchefshellie.com/

S’more Cupcakes

Comments

13 comments on “S’more Cupcakes
  1. Gourmet Getaways - August 14, 2014 at 1:24 am

Love the swirl on the s’mores! They look more enticing :)

Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

2. Hannah - August 14, 2014 at 10:23 am

Don’t let me near these I’ll peel off all the toasted marshmallow and leave the cake behind on, like, seven of them.

3. Claudia - August 15, 2014 at 7:55 am

Consequently yummy! That looks impressive.

4. Michelle @ The Bakeanista - August 15, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I’m sitting here, at my desk, craving cupcakes. Why oh why did I come to your blog when I’m hungry? Bad bad move! I too want to get foodgasm over these amazing looking cupcakes too! So when you make them again… please share the gasm? πŸ˜›

5. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - August 15, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I love these cupcakes! The American in me wouldn’t call them s’mores but the Australian half would. :) Yumm-o!

6. Cindy - August 16, 2014 at 8:53 am

Wow, they look so impressive!

7. Helen | Grab Your Fork - August 17, 2014 at 5:57 pm

SO CUTE! And also rather suggestive, if ya know whaddamean. LOLOLOL

8. Claudia - August 20, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Consequently mouth watering! That appears impressive.

9. Leigh - August 26, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Wow – what a gorgeous looking cupcake and the teddy bears are the cherry on top! :)

10. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today - August 27, 2014 at 1:54 am

It looks so beautiful, how did you make it look so nice? I know that it’s not easy at all. It’s a masterpiece!

11. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - August 29, 2014 at 12:20 am

I bet all your colleagues liked these cupcakes! Wish I stopped by and picked some up!!

12. Choc Chip Uru - September 17, 2014 at 5:32 pm