101 Reasons Why YOU Need A Skillet
“Ok, maybe not 101 reasons, I don’t have time to list them all. In fact I didn’t even have enough time to do all the recipes I wanted to before I put this post up, but if you’ve ever been on Pinterest, you’ll know skillets are so hot right now! Cooking with cast iron skillet has many benefits. Read on to see what I made in mine, and your chance to win a voucher.”
Ok, maybe not 101 reasons, I don’t have time to list them all. In fact I didn’t even have enough time to do all the recipes I wanted to before I put this post up, but if you’ve ever been on Pinterest, you’ll know skillets are so hot right now!
A cast iron skillet has been on my lust list for like ever. If it’s been on yours too, keep listening, because you have a chance to win a $50 voucher to purchase one for yourself, or perhaps something else on Grand Cucina’s website.
The Lodge cast iron skillet usually retails for $60.95, but is available for just $44.95 on Grand Cucina. They have a range of awesome stuff, from cookware to serve/tableware. It’s hard to narrow down what to buy when you aren’t full of money! I think a skillet is a must for every kitchen.
♥ ♥ ♥
So, let’s go through some of the reasons why YOU NEED a cast iron skillet:
- It looks good (don’t pretend it doesn’t!)
- It can go straight from the stove to the oven without it’s handle melting.
- Is said to last up to 100 years if you follow the care instructions.
- You can make Shakshouka and take it straight to the table from the stove (or oven) in a stylish way (recipe to be posted soon)
- Skillets are perfect for sautéing, frying, stir-frying, searing, baking in the oven, on the stove and over fires.
- You can impress with this puffed apple & berry pancake (recipe link)
- You can make and serve corn bread in it.
- You can cook your baked eggs in it, wash it, then make a giant cookie in it, and it won’t taste like baked eggs.
- Who doesn’t want a giant cookie in their life? (recipe to be posted soon)
- Why not make lasagne in it?
- What about a giant brownie?
- Your favourite cobbler recipe?
- Do you want one yet??
- You know you do 😉
- They are easy to clean and you can take it camping.
- Everything you serve in it looks a billion times better 😛
- It’s got a bit of weight to it, so you can use it to do bicep curls to work off all the tasty food you’ll be making in it.
- It doesn’t scratch like precious teflon does.
- Make cinnamon scrolls in!
- A family pie, or shepherd’s pie.
- Frittatas. The good thing about a Frittata is…
- A giant or mini scones….
- The possibilities are endless!
If I’ve convinced you that the cast iron skillet from Grand Cucina is the best thing ever, and you would like a chance to win a $50 voucher to spend on the Grand Cucina website; simply answer the following question:
What would be the first thing you’d make in your new skillet?
Entries only open to Australian Residents. Entries close midnight Sunday 15th September 2013. Winner will be contacted via email.
Stay tuned for some recipes to get your inspired, and when I get more time, I’ll show you the other recipes I’ve been hanging out to try in it!
Iron Chef Shellie received the Lodge cast iron skillet thanks to Grand Cucina.
Congratulations to LING! I’ll be in contact to arrange your prize