Ricotta, Banana & Honey Muffins

“Another recipe from the latest BBC Australian Good Food magazine. I’ll admit, this is from the “helping kids to cook” section, but it looked and sounded so good I had to give it a go. I almost didn’t cook the banana as I was having a case of the can’t be fudged-s, and I thought...”

January 2, 2011

I almost didn’t cook the banana as I was having a case of the can’t be fudged-s, and I thought it would be good with raw banana. But I did as the recipe instructed and it was delicious. It helped to soften down the banana, and the warmness of it was perfect with the hot, freshly toasted muffin. Ricotta and honey were the perfect compliment to go with, and it proved to me, Nutella isn’t the only thing truly awesome with sliced banana on carbs.

Ricotta, Banana & Honey Muffins

Amira Georgy

20g butter
2 bananas, peeled. thickly sliced diagonally
4 English muffins, split
150g packaged smooth ricotta
1/4 cup (90g) honey

1. Heat butter in a large frying pan on medium. Cook banana slices for 1-2 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.

2. Place muffin halves in a toaster and toast until browned. Alternatively, preheat grill on high. Toast muffin halves for 1-2 minutes, until browned.

3. Spread ricotta over muffin halves. Top with banana, drizzle over honey and serve.

Comments

13 comments on “Ricotta, Banana & Honey Muffins
  1. Michelle - January 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Hey don’t you think that many recipes these days seems to target children? William Angliss emailed me the other day about new kids cooking course. Must be the effects of masterchef junior

2. Helen (grabyourfork) - January 2, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I love kids recipes! They’re usually easy and tasty, although I don’t always ask an adult to help with using a sharp knife. lol. These almost dessert-like, and healthy too.

3. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - January 3, 2011 at 8:13 am

I loe the combo of ricotta with honey. This looks positively delicious! Cooking banana makes it even more yummy. And yay for kids in the kitchen :)
    Heidi x

4. GourmetGetaways - January 3, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hehe, I just did a story on “cooking with kids” but I hadn’t seen the website that you got this dish from. I will have to visit, I have three kids at home at the moment and I had 7 the previous night (borrowed children) so we are making meals that kids can prepare too. This looks so delcious, I am sure my kids will enjoy both the making and eating!

5. Anna Johnston - January 3, 2011 at 10:53 am

Yummy…, I’m sipping a nice cuppa & thinking about breakfast.. or strictly speaking brunch I guess. This sounds just the thing, thanks Shellie :)

6. Emma @CakeMistress - January 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Hella yeah! Breakfast tomorrow is sorted.
    Kids recipes are the best. My favourite peanut butter and choc squares were from the kids section of Nigella’s book. Win.

Michele Froidevaux

All content on this site by Michele Froidevaux, otherwise known as Iron Chef Shellie. Her skills include food styling in her kitchen studio, lifestyle and travel photography across Australia, restaurant photography on location, building social media for her clients, recipe development with love, menu consulting for cafes and graphic design for people with discerning tastes :)