Soft-Centred Jaffa Puddings
This was one of the easiest desserts I have EVER made!
I didn’t have to buy any special ingredients, everything was lying around in my kitchen somewhere!
They were so good with caramel ice-cream. So nice and spongy, not too rich, the orange flavour really tied the whole thing together.
Taken from the taste website, I’d highly recommend you try this if you have time.
Ingredients (serves 1)
2 teaspoons white sugar
50g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 orange, rind finely grated
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon self-raising flour
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
double thick cream, shaved dark chocolate, cocoa powder, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 1-cup capacity ovenproof cup or bowl. Add white sugar. Shake cup to coat inside. Tip out excess.
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth.
- Add orange rind, egg, caster sugar, flour and coconut. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into cup. Place on a tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out just clean.
- Top pudding with a dollop of cream and chocolate shavings. Dust with cocoa. Serve.
Notes & tips
- To serve 2: Double quantity of ingredients. In step 2, microwave chocolate mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute. In step 3, bake puddings for 30 minutes.
- To serve 4: Multiply quantity of ingredients by 4. In step 2, microwave chocolate mixture for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. In step 3, bake puddings for 35 to 40 minutes.