{Thermomix Thursday} Lemonade & Raspberry Lemonade

“Who knew REAL lemonade was so easy to make. Add some berries and you have a new flavour instantly!”

I’m not much of a soft drink person. I can gladly say I don’t drink it on a daily basis, only if I’m out to dinner. Even now as I’m getting old and decrepit 😛 I am just ordering sparkling water… oh god, I’m turning into my Father!

A good refreshing drink to make at home, especially in the Summer is homemade lemonade. I like to use raw sugar to keep things a bit healthier, and add things like raspberries or strawberries to keep things interesting.

The best part is, it can be whipped up in next to no time, and it tastes so much better. Bring on Summer!

Lemonade recipe can be found in the Everyday Cookbook which comes with the Thermomix when you purchase it.

Raspberry Lemonade

By Jo – Quirky Cooking

• 100g Rapadura (or raw sugar)
  • 180g frozen raspberries
  • a couple of handfuls of ice cubes
  • a pinch of powdered stevia (optional)
  • 2 lemons
  • 500g water
  • 1.25 litres soda water
  1. Grind Rapadura on speed 9 for 30 seconds (or raw sugar for 10 seconds).
  2. Add raspberries and ice, and grind up on speed 9 for 30 seconds or so until you get a bright red paste, using the spatula to push the ice onto the blades.Scrub the skins of the lemons, cut off thick ends & discard, and quarter – no need to peel!
  3. Add lemons and water to Thermomix bowl, lock lid, and press the Turbo button a few times to chop roughly.
  4. Unlock and open lid, and push the strainer basket down (carefully) into the juice.  Using the spatula to hold the basket in the Thermomix bowl, tip the juice into a 2 litre jug.  Leaving strainer basket in bowl, pour in half the soda water, swish around and strain out again into the jug, then add the rest of the soda water to the jug and stir gently to mix.
Other recipes to try from the Recipe Community:

13 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Lemonade & Raspberry Lemonade
  1. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - September 27, 2012 at 8:18 am

WOW Shellie :) you put whole lemons into the Thermomix? hehe I love the little milk bottles ~ so cute!

2. Catherine - September 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

All your recipes make me want to buy a Thermomix!! Now if only my wallet would obliged.. :S

3. Kim - September 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm

the lemonade is totally making me look forward to summer!

4. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - September 27, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Yummm! I used to loveeee fresh lemonade. My dad and sister would go nuts if I made this!

5. leaf (the indolent cook) - September 27, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I make my drinks the old-fashioned way, so this Thermomix method sounds pretty impressive!

6. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - September 27, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I made this the other day and wondered why I hadn’t done it sooner. So easy and so delicious!

7. Nic@diningwithastud - September 28, 2012 at 11:45 am

Oh I love lemonade :) I want to marry that Thermomix!

8. Ali - September 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

They look so refreshing! I dón’t have a thermomix but I have been seeing lots of recipes with them lately…I might have to look into it one day!

9. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - September 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Love the idea of home made lemonade – it looks delicious. Again you have given me serious Thermomix jealousy!

10. Vien - September 30, 2012 at 10:18 pm

All your thermomix recipes really inspire me to consider getting one! 😛 I’m always getting Schweppes’ blood orange lemonade! I’m sure that this would be soooo much nicer than that!! 😀

11. Thanh - October 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

We’re all becoming decrepit. Pain in the neck, literally :-)

12. Tina @ bitemeshowme - October 10, 2012 at 10:16 am

I want to make this – any way to make it without the thermomix? lol