Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles

“I know a lot of people rag on Donna Hay, and she can be rather ditzy on TV, but I’ve had great success with her recipes; and her magazine is what initially sparked my interest in cooking. So, of course I bought her new book; Simple Dinners…. and of COURSE, meatballs were the first dish...”

Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles

Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles

I know a lot of people rag on Donna Hay, and she can be rather ditzy on TV, but I’ve had great success with her recipes; and her magazine is what initially sparked my interest in cooking. So, of course I bought her new book; Simple Dinners…. and of COURSE, meatballs were the first dish I made out of it.

I used to HATE coriander with a passion. If mum would put it in something, dad and I would chuck a tantrum, but now, I can’t get enough of the stuff! The more coriander and chilli, the better!

Great flavour combinations, and my meatballs were really fluffy and tender. I’m actually craving more just looking back at the photos…. think i’ll be making this again next week, if not sooner!

Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles

1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 long red chillies, seeds removed and sliced
1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup coriander leaves

1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and set aside.
  2. Place the pork, breadcrumbs, ginger and hoisin in a bowl and mix to combine. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls and roll in sesame. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
  3. Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper and add the sesame oil, garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Add the noodles, oyster sauce, stock and meatballs and toss to heat through.
  4. Divide between bowls and top with coriander to serve.

Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles

Comments

13 comments on “Pork Meatballs with Chinese Noodles
  1. Danielle - December 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I bought myself this book for Christmas online without even looking at it. It’s sitting on the kitchen table and I’m determined to wait til Christmas day to look inside. This looks delicious! Very similar to the potsticker dumplings from the no time to cook book, which is one of my favs.

2. leah - December 14, 2011 at 5:40 am

I hate to say im one of those people that doesnt really like Donna Hay. She makes food look fabulous though….

But I think this looks so good! I love the idea of rolling in sesame seeds 😀

3. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - December 14, 2011 at 8:32 am

nom nom triple nom. I’m such a meatball fan. Not quite up there with you but still, I appreciate them endlessly :) I like donna hay, she’s got great, achievable recipes. what’s not to love?

4. Michelle - December 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

All hail the meatball queen

5. Nic@diningwithastud - December 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Oh me to!!! Never use to like coriander. Some places pack it in so much that you cant taste anything else so I think I was scarred. Now I’m ok with it lol. Love the freshness of this dish! Looks delish!

6. Winston - December 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Lol… She CAN be a bit of a ditz on TV but she does have one of the most beautifully styled cookbooks out there… Really great to own and flip through. I don’t really like coriander on their own (too sharp!) but I eat a lot of it if there’s chilli too haha… I totally trust you when it comes to meatballs, so trying this on a busy weeknight dinner. YUM!

7. Mez - December 14, 2011 at 4:17 pm

They look GOOD

I read somewhere once that peeps who hate coriander have like an allergic response to it, their bodies think it’s toxic and therefore they feel like it tastes like sh*!

So glad you’re on the LOVE coriander bandwagon now

xox

8. msihua - December 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Ahhh what made you change your ways? The Boy absolutely hates coriander and I LOVE IT.. I need to change him! HELP! Love pork balls !

9. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - December 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Sesame seeds are such a great touch. Love the look of these meatballs.

10. Briony - December 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I watch Donna Hay when I’m homesick and sit and yell at the TV. Always makes me feel better. Her or Bill Granger. Not sure why, but I’m really not a fan of either of them. The dish looks amazing though!!

Briony x

11. Briony - December 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm

PS I’m addicted to coriander too, I try to add it to everything! Too bad our plant keeps dying so I just buy it in a packet now.

12. April@MyFoodTrail - December 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I used to hate coriander too, but I’m starting to be ok with a little bit of the flavour.

Seems like an easy recipe. I shall bookmark it for a quick weeknight meal.

13. David - December 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm

This looks easy to cook recipe,my kids loves meatballs…i will definitely try your recipe..thanks for sharing.