“A twist on the traditional peach melba, using mangoes. A great summery dessert for everyone!”
Shut. The. Door.
I didn’t think there was a way to improve my favourite fruit, the mango; but damn this is so so good.
A variation from the popular Peach Melba, the flavours all work so well together. The mint adds a refreshing quality, whilst the raspberry sauce adds a new depth of flavour as opposed to just eating mango on it’s own.
You NEED to try this! Trust me.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ firmly packed cup (60g) brown sugar
- 125g punnet raspberries, plus extra raspberries to serve
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Coconut or vanilla ice cream and mint leaves to serve
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Cut the cheeks off the mangoes, then brush the flesh with butter and sprinkle over the brown sugar. Grill the mango cheeks, cut-side down, for 1-2 minutes until caramelised and soft. Set aside.
- Place the raspberries and icing sugar in a blender with 2 tablespoons water and wiz until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Set aside.
- To serve, place 2 mango cheeks on each plate with 2 scoops of ice cream. Pour over the raspberry sauce, scatter with extra raspberries and garnish with mint.
- Hessian bag – The Vintage Shed
- Plate – Ikea
- Spoon – Jamie Oliver
- Wooden serving board – Country Road
- Mini glass jug – Country Road
- Flower bowl – Thrifted from the op shop