Brownie Batter Pancakes

“Not a breakfast for everyday, but these brownie batter pancakes are a sure fire winner!”

Brownie Batter Pancakes - Feature Image
Brownie Batter Pancakes

Brownie Batter Pancakes

Happy Friday! It’s nearly the weekend, just hang in there!!

The great thing about reading food blogs is they provide and inspire you with ideas you never would have thought of. In fact, the internet in general is amazeballs for that. So when I saw Marta’s recipe for brownie batter pancakes, my heart stopped… it was love at first sight.

I did try a chocolate chip pancake, which wasn’t photogenic at all, but Hamsley said it was the best out of the whole batch. I also tried one with rainbow sprinkles… once again, not photogenic :( The way to make sprinkles photogenic is as a decoration at the end I’ve learnt after checking out other people’s brownie batter pancakes.

Yes, they were awesome. Who doesn’t love a little treat for breakfast on the weekends?

Brownie Batter Pancakes

Ever so slightly adapted from Marta: What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today?

• ½ cup plain flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp dark cocoa
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 tbsp vegetable or ground nut oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 10 tbsp milk

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with a whisk and until the dough is smooth.

Fry 2-3 tablespoons per pancake over a medium heat. This amount will make about 10 small pancakes.

Top with your choice of toppings: eg/ whipped cream, chocolate sauce, jam, ricotta or bananas.

Brownie Batter Pancakes

Comments

24 comments on “Brownie Batter Pancakes
  1. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - July 27, 2012 at 7:20 am

What an indulgent breakfast, yum yum! As the PB addict I am, I’d totally be adding it to these!

2. Marta @ What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today? - July 27, 2012 at 8:10 am

I’ve made brownies pancakes some time ago, it was delicious, I used blueberries, but it looks so delicious with strawberries…

3. Tina @ bitemeshowme - July 27, 2012 at 8:13 am

This looks too easy Shellie. Thanks for all the simple recipes you share with us all. I think I could eat a whole stack of these…. especially accompanied by fruit like bananas. OH YUM!

4. Nic@diningwithastud - July 27, 2012 at 9:03 am

So gorgeous! I havent had pancakes in ages. These make me miss pancakes :(

5. Leah - July 27, 2012 at 9:10 am

This is the post ive been waiting for!!! *drools*

6. Hannah - July 27, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Ah yes, it constantly annoys me than rainbow sprinkles dissolve and aren’t as sparkly as they should be when you mix them into batter! I s’pose brownie pancakes are almost as good. 😛

7. Maureen - July 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

How extraordinary are these?? I want some now and I’ll pretend it’s breakfast!

8. Gourmet getaways - July 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm

These look absolutely delicious!!! I can’t imagine just how good they are!! I think I would have some very happy children if I served these up on the weekend!

9. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - July 27, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Ooh what a great idea! And I have a bottle of that sauce too! It comes in handy with last minute desserts and breakfasts 😀 Stay warm this weekend Shellie! 😀

10. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake - July 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm

That is SUCH a fantastic idea…I love brownies already, in pancake form sounds even more amazing. You have totally planted the idea in my head now…

11. Michelle - July 27, 2012 at 8:56 pm

would die for these pancakes!

12. tania@mykitchenstories.com.au - July 27, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Yes a very exciting idea Shellie and I love the way you have photographed them

13. Ames - July 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Browsing through the interwebs definitely makes me more inspired to cook and gives me ideas for something that I would have never tried before as well – including this recipe! Though, I’m not as much of a sweet tooth, this would definitely be fun to make even for dessert :D.

14. Libby - July 28, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Oh yum!

This would go down well with some ricotta and strawberries :)

15. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - July 28, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Oh yum! Due to the strawberries it has to be healthy for you, right?

16. Martyna @ Wholesome Cook - July 30, 2012 at 9:08 pm

They sounds fantastic Michelle, I’d serve with a little ice cream or (coffee) whipped cream for good measure!

17. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - July 31, 2012 at 9:00 am

Oh YUM! My mouth is watering! Would love to have these for breakfast :) they’re easier to make than i thought hehe can’t wait to try this weekend :)

18. April - August 2, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Too awesome Shellie!! What a genius idea, they look so good!

19. Ali - August 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Oh, wow! Those pancakes look absolutely divine! I love all the amazing recipes shared on the internet…thanks for sharing these!

20. Agnes - August 5, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Holy shit, now that’s a pancake.

21. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - August 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm

oh dear lordy…. batter? yes. are they at all gooey inside? perhaps i’d just have to undercook them 😛

22. Cynthia - September 16, 2012 at 2:12 am

HI! Questions for you: How chocolatey are these? Do they turn out moist at all? I recently made some chocolate pancakes, which were great, but still a little dry!