Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles

“Simple, easy, tasty… what more could you want? The orange element comes from marmalade instead of fresh oranges. I have altered the recipe below as we found it got a bit too bitter where the noodles didn’t get tossed properly. Feel free to alter it to your tastes of course. And if you love chilli,...”

Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles

Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles

Simple, easy, tasty… what more could you want?

The orange element comes from marmalade instead of fresh oranges. I have altered the recipe below as we found it got a bit too bitter where the noodles didn’t get tossed properly. Feel free to alter it to your tastes of course. And if you love chilli, I’d suggest you definitely add some!

A dish that will become regular in our household :)

Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles

Adapted from Delicious Magazine

2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
300g egg noodles (400g if you are hungry!)
1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus 1 teaspoon to toss noodles
1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
12 green prawns, peeled, devined (I used frozen, deshelled prawns)
4 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
Coriander leaves, to serve

1. Combine the marmalade, soy, garlic, ginger, vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
  2. Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to instructions. Drain, toss with 1 teaspoon peanut oil and set aside.
  3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil in wok or deep frypan over medium-high heat. Add capsicum and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked through (if using frozen prawns, add in with the capsicum and onion). Add sauce mixture, toss to coat prawns, then add noodles and toss for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Toss through spring onion and coriander and serve immediately.

Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles

Comments

9 comments on “Sesame Orange Prawns with Egg Noodles
  1. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - March 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

You seem to really like prawns lately? :) This is your second prawn recipe you’ve posted recently hehe ~ I’m definitely adding chilli to these!

2. Michelle chin - March 7, 2012 at 6:25 am

Sounds like an interesting recipe. Also, it is easy to do!

3. Tina @ bitemeshowme - March 7, 2012 at 7:06 am

Looks fantastic – simple and fresh. Can’t imagine how happy the tummy would be after eating this :)

4. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - March 7, 2012 at 8:42 am

sesame oil really makes my heart sing. I love the flavour it imparts. I wish I could just text you whenever I want homemade yummy noodles and you could make them for me. sound tempting? I’ll make you a cup of tea while you cook? Maybe even two cups…??

5. Nic@diningwithastud - March 7, 2012 at 8:48 am

What a great combo with the orange. We have prawns in the freezer – now I know what to do with them 😀

6. tania@mykitchenstories - March 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

How unusual and a great idea!

7. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - March 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Chilli would be an addition for me, love chilli. I use marmalade in a few savoury recipes, but would never have thought using with noodles, love the idea.

8. Deanne35 - March 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm

This kind of savory noodle food is totally awesome! I’m a noodle lover and I want to try cooking this recipe. Looks like a stir-fry noodle, but I think this is much delicious!

9. msihua - March 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Oooo such an interesting recipe! I would never have thought to you marmalade!