Tim Tam Tarts

Sorry in advance. This may be torture to those starting new years’ diets. I thought I’d share some ideas for Australia Day coming up, in case you are entertaining or need to bring a dish. What’s more Australian than Tim Tams? Everyone seems to love them, I personally could take or leave them, which my hips are grateful for.

This is a relatively easy recipe to do, with a delicious result. I forgot to put the ‘tim tam soil’ on the plate when taking the photo, but if you use your imagination, you can picture it on there :P

It’s a very rich tart, so I would suggest sharing the calories with someone!

Tim Tam Tarts with Raspberries & ‘Tim Tam Soil’

Valli Little

200g pkt Tim Tams
30g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
200ml pure (thin) cream
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
Raspberries, cocoa and vanilla ice cream, to serve

1. Grease four 8cm loose-bottomed tart pans. Place Tim Tams in a food processor and whiz to fine crumbs. Remove 3 tbs for the soil and set aside. Add melted butter to the processor and pulse to combine. Press crumb mixture into the base and sides of the prepared pans and chill for 15 minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
  3. Place cream in a pan over low heat and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stand for 1 minute to melt a little, then stir until smooth. Cool chocolate mixture, then add vanilla and yolks and stir to combine. Pour chocolate filling into tart cases. Bake for 15 minutes or until just set. Cool tarts completely in the pans.
  4. When ready to serve, remove tarts from the pans, then top with berries and dust with cocoa. Serve with vanilla ice cream and Tim Tam soil.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comments
17 Responses to “Tim Tam Tarts”
  1. LOL i agree all my friends in HK always ask me to bring back packets and packets of Tim Tams…but I dunno if it’s cuz I’m spoilt…I dun really find them that exciting anymore…I’d rather have an Oreo hahaha or other biscuits…but I’d never pass down a Tim Tam tart hehe :) looks delicious! And even though I’m attempting to go on a diet after all that eating….I think it’ll have to wait ~
    Daisy@Nevertoosweet recently posted..Taiwan’s Surprise – Lindarico Cafe

2. Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! These look devine! I definitely have to give this a try. Love it!
    Tina @ bitemeshowme recently posted..Pho Tau Bay, Cabramatta

3. Cherrie says:

Like I said on twitter, wished we lived closer….
    Cherrie recently posted..My Christmas 2011 in pictures: 3 days of eating

4. hollypop says:

shellie! i can take of leave tim tams too. the filling is just kind of meh! that doesnt change the FACT that these tarts are stunning. nice work! also i looove your plate!! i’m a little obsessed with plates atm.

5. Julie says:

shellie those yarts look wonderful. you were slowly hurting us all with the instagram teasers hehe ;). Love to the a version of these tarts!
    Julie recently posted..Albee’s Kitchen

6. I love tim tams, but haven’t had them in so long as I find them dangerous to have around. Your tart looks SO good and is making me so hungry (haven’t had breakfast yet).
    Jennifer (Delicieux) recently posted..Parsnip, Sage & Mascarpone Risotto

7. My hips are swearing at you right now ;) lol. Ido agree though, I wouldnt go out of my way to buy them, but if they’re there, ooh baby, I’ll scoff them haha
    Nic@diningwithastud recently posted..SOY Japanese Restaurant – Bondi

8. marcellina says:

Only one word for it – Beautiful!!!!
    marcellina recently posted..DECEMBER, 2011 CHALLENGE: LETTING NATURE DO THE WORK…Sourdough Bread!

9. Mez says:

SHUT
    THE
    DOOR

I want this… but I can’t… So I’m going to close the page and go for a run instead.

Poor me :( :( :(
    Mez recently posted..Such A Vibrant Thing

10. Mmmmm, looks delicious. I’m with you that I can take or leave tim tams, but these do look like super tarts.
    Lisa @ Blithe Moments recently posted..Regaining Balance

11. Don’t really enjoy tim tams as tim tams but i wouldn’t mind tim tam ice cream or tim tam tarts!
    Michelle chin recently posted..Review: Ficelle Boulangerie Patisserie, Danau Business Center

12. Leah says:

These look amazing, your recommendation for sharing is crazy! I would eat the lot and then some!!!! :D
    Leah recently posted..Merry Christmas

13. Beautiful presentation!! this is full on. full on deliciousness. love the australia day theme :)

14. msihua says:

I must resist! RESIST! This looks so good!!!
    msihua recently posted..Spotlight: A Malaysian Breakfast

15. These are SUCH a good idea! I’m so sad we can’t get Tim Tams here in the UK, but I have a friend in Sydney who can ship them over. Might have to get on the phone to her now because this recipe looks amazing. New Year’s diet? What diet? :-)
    thelittleloaf recently posted..Pear, Maple & Pecan Bircher Muesli

16. OMG these are awesome. I am going to have to make them for my husband who adores tim tams.
    Sara (Belly Rumbles) recently posted..Happy New Year!

17. oh goddddd I’d make some right away if the Tim Tams in Malaysia weren’t ‘Made in Indonesia’ :((((((
    Vien @ We Dare Food recently posted..Cheapest Michelin-Starred Restaurant possible?