Twinings Australian Afternoon Tea Challenge
I am a tea drinker, not a coffee drinker. I have at least 10 different types of tea in my house. My mood dictates what flavour I have.
All around the world, countries have their own Twinings tea (Russian Caravan, Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast and New Zealand Breakfast). We have now decided it’s to time to bring a Twinings Afternoon tea to Australia, designed by Australians for Australians.
Twinings invited 40 prominent Australians to compete in our Australian Afternoon Tea Challenge. They were supplied with a special Twinings tea blending kit containing nine Twinings tea blends, and asked to submit their own special blend of tea which, if they win, will be mass produced as Australia’s first ever tea blend – to be known as “Twinings Australian Afternoon Tea Blend.”
- Kevin Rudd: a brisk & lively blend which goes particularly well with milk
- Alan Jones: an interesting combination; smooth with useful citrus bergamot and orange high notes
- Kerri-Anne: strong orange, lemon and bergamot notes and a delicate tea base.
- Layne Beachley: a vibrant blend with a subtle hint of citrus.
- John Williamson: a blend with a subtle smokey character.
The winner will be announced on August 29, with the winning blend set to hit market shelves in 2012.
A donation will be made to the winning celebrity blenders charity of choice based on the total sales of this particular tea blend for the first 12 months.
For me I preferred the Lane Beachley and Kevin Rudd blends, where as Hamsley preferred the John Williamson blend.
To vote, and your chance to win $5,000 or information where you can taste these blends, head to: www.twiningsaustralianblend.com.au