Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse

“Psssst!! Just thought you should all know, Penny from Jeroxie Addictive and Consuming , is giving away 8 bottles of Cobram Estate‘s new Manzanillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You should go over there and enter right away! I was lucky enough to score a bottle from her shipment and she asked me to try out...”

Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse

Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse

Psssst!!

I was lucky enough to score a bottle from her shipment and she asked me to try out a recipe with it. I tried George’s olive oil chocolate mousse.

Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse
200g Lindt 70% dark chocolate, chopped
200ml pouring cream, whipped
1/2 cup Cobram Estate Manzanillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed

Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl). Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine the melted chocolate and cream in a bowl, slowly pour in olive oil, continuing to whisk until thick. Spoon into serving glasses and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
Serve mousse, topped with berries.

Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse

Comments

13 comments on “Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse
  1. Agnes - August 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Hooray! It looks great, Shellie :) Well done!

2. Agnes - August 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Oh, and I meant the new domain as well as the mousse 😉

3. hollypop - August 27, 2010 at 10:49 am

your new blog is adorable!
    what’s this olive oil mousse like?
    i’m suspicious.

4. betty - August 30, 2010 at 12:22 pm

i love the new look :)

5. Meredith - September 1, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Oh my gosh, this look delicious! And so beautiful! Your photographs are gorgeous.
    I’ve recently launched my own blog, I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think :) http://www.prettygoodfood.com
    Thanks, and Happy Cooking!!!

6. chocolatesgifts - December 24, 2010 at 12:09 am

very well done.. love it..