Happy 1st Birthday!
Today, 1 year ago, the Iron Chef Shellie blog was born.
I’ve loved sharing my food adventures with you all, and hope we have many more this year.
To celebrate I baked some caramel mud cakes…mmmm..
So simple to make, you should have all the ingredients in your pantry. Not something that would normally excite me to make, but I was definitely glad I tried the recipe because I can’t wait to bake them again!
Caramel Mud Cakes
Australian Women’s Weekly
125g butter, chopped coarsely
100g white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
150g firmly packed brown sugar
90g golden syrup
150g plain flour
50 self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow (170°C / 150°C fan-forced). Line 6-hole texas or 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; cool 15 mintues.
3. Whisk sifted flours into chocolate mixture, then egg. Divide mixture among cases.
4. Bake large cakes about 40 mintues, small cakes about 30 mintues. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
5. Place doily, lace or stencil over cake; sift a little icing sugar over doily, then carefully lift doily from cake. Repeat with remaining cakes and icing sugar.
Voila! Bon Appétit!
ooh! Happy Birthday blog!
Iron Chef Shellie
Blog says “Thank you!”
Congrats on the 1 year…Your cupcake looks very yummy.
Happy blog birthday! You have a great blog here, I will be back for sure!