Maple & Ginger Cheesecake Tarts

“These cute little tartlets are easy to make, and will wow a crowd!”

Maple & Ginger Cheesecake Tarts

I decided to make dessert for dinner at Grandma’s this week. I wanted something delicious, but something I could also photograph in daylight, not the lighting in Grandma’s unit which is just awful for photography.

I could take 5 tarts along, and keep one for photographing, perfect :) They were easy to make; I did the crusts on Wednesday night, then after dinner with friends on Thursday, I came home and did the filling. They went down a treat on Friday, it’s a great flavour combo and not too sweet at all.

And the winners of the Lindt give away are: Eat Sew Love and Bri Eats.

I’ll be in contact with you and The Trish Nicol Agency to arrange your prizes!

Maple & Ginger Cheesecake Tarts

Donna Hay – [source]

• 250g store-bought gingernut biscuits
  • 1/4 cup almond meal
  • 100g butter, melted
  • 175g ricotta cheese
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to serve
  1. Preheat oven to 150ºC. Place the biscuits and almond meal in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the butter and process to combine. Press into the base and sides of 8 lightly greased 8cm tart tins. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  2. Place the cheeses in an electric mixer and beat for 5-6 minutes or until smooth. Add the sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and maple syrup and beat until well combined. Divide the mixture between the tart bases. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
  3. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled.
  4. Dust with cinnamon to serve.

Makes 8.

Comments

15 comments on “Maple & Ginger Cheesecake Tarts
  1. leaf (the indolent cook) - September 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm

The tarts look good! Yay for treats that can be kept and photographed later. 😀

2. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - September 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

What a beautiful and easy crust! You can bring your tarts to the Sunshine Coast and you can photograph here all you want as long as you leave the desserts. :)

3. tania@mykitchenstories.com.au - September 2, 2012 at 11:31 am

How delicious and a great easy way to make a cheesecake. I hope granma loved them

4. Esz - September 2, 2012 at 11:53 am

Yum!! These look so easy and I love anything with ginger 😀

5. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake - September 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Golly your tart looks almost too good to eat…I don’t usually like eating tarts as I find the base to be too hard or the filling too sweet, but yours looks sooooo good…:D

6. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - September 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Ooohh these look good, lovely! :)

7. Agnes - September 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Yum, they look delicious. And what utensil do I spy there….? 😀

8. Bri - September 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I won? Yay!! Thanks 😀

9. Sarah - September 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Those look so cute! And the texture looks great too – just the right balance between firm and creamy. :)

10. Winston - September 3, 2012 at 12:19 am

Cheesecake tarts… What a great idea!! It’s like combining two of my favourite desserts to eat haha. Only thing that could top that is prolly brulee cheesecake tarts. Not even sure how it’ll work, probably won’t lol! Anyway, I love ginger based desserts. Good stuff, Michele! =D

11. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - September 3, 2012 at 10:24 am

Ohhh yum :) I’m a bit addicted to maple syrup lately and it was on sale the last time i bought it yay :) so definitely going to try this recipe soon! But i don’t have ricotta cheese at home damnnnn

12. Tina @ bitemeshowme - September 3, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Your tarts ( and everything else you make) look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo perfect! Look at that filling! I dont know how you do it!!

13. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - September 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I love how your main concern in picking a recipe was what would photograph well – such a blogger! (These photos and tarts look great by the way!)

14. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - September 14, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Love the idea of a simple biscuit crust/base, have been meaning to do that for some time for a quick dessert. These sound divine!

15. Ambika Choudhary Mahajan - November 15, 2012 at 5:50 am

I so so so hate you for weakening my resolve to cut down on sweets (I have a major sweet tooth, and I have been trying to curb my sugar intake because of health reasons).
    Not only did you put up pictures of such yummy and perfectly baked tarts, you went a step ahead by mentioning that they arent too sweet either! :/
    I hope I am able to get the picture out of my mind in a few minutes. 😛