{Eating Out} Mart 130

“This place has a reputation for the best corn fritters in town. I head on over to see what everyone is talking about.”

August 31, 2012

Weird name for a cafe isn’t it, Mart 130? Spell it backwards and it makes more sense: Tram stop no. 130. Situated at a tram stop, I envy the people who get on and off at this stop!

This cute little cafe is well known for their corn fritters. I’ve even attempted to recreate them at home, having never actually tried the famous fritters. So on the way back from Costco one Saturday morning, and not stopping at the Costco cafe for the obligatory pork dog, I had one place and one dish on my mind. Would my home cooking be as good as Mart 130’s, and would I be put off making them at home for forever?

We luckily scored a table inside near the heater on the cold wintery day. Since this was my first brunch out in ages, I requested my standard brunch drink; chai latte. Hamsley got a freshly squeezed OJ, nice to see fresh juice on the menu instead of bottled stuff.

mart toastie: chicken toasted pide: poached chicken breast, bacon, swiss cheese and caramelised onion with homemade barbecue sauce – $12.90

Hamsley was tossing up between 3 items on the menu but evenutally chose the pide. Whilst he said it was nice, he did mention that there should have been more chicken in there than the small sliver they had given him.

oven roasted corn fritters with grilled bacon, tomato relish, sour cream and coriander $17.90

Behold… the famous fritters. And yes, they were good, but I can say… mine are just as good! Hamsley even said mine were better :O Good to know I can make cafe quality food at home… now to just get a nicer home to have my friends over for brunch instead.

A cute litte spot, service was friendly and the atmosphere was great, even on a cold day.

Be aware, they only accept cash, there are no card facilities on site.

Mart 130 on Urbanspoon

Comments

8 comments on “{Eating Out} Mart 130
  1. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - August 31, 2012 at 9:21 am

yum yum yum. I really liked their corn fritters too. Yet to try anything else. The place is uber cute :)

2. Nic@diningwithastud - August 31, 2012 at 2:39 pm

You’re the fritter queen 😉

3. Amy @ Food Crush - August 31, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I love corn fritters too! Are you going to share your recipe with us?

4. love2dine - September 1, 2012 at 2:57 am

something new and something unique, nice and tempting.

5. Gourmet getaways - September 1, 2012 at 9:34 am

Yep I love corn fritters too but I don’t tend to order them for brunch as mine a healthy and delicious so I don’t want to be disappointed. It looks like a cute little place, but serriously CASH ONLY! Lol the taxman is not going to be happy 😉

6. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake - September 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm

This is another great cafe I’ve been meaning to eat at! There’s just too many places on the ever growing list!

7. Agnes - September 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Can’t wait for corn fritter party. 😉

8. Thanh - September 17, 2012 at 8:57 am