New Flavours from Lindt

“I sample, for research purposes, and so you don't have to... new flavours of chocolate from Lindt!”

New Flavours from Lindt

Rule number one: if you are going to send me chocolate to try, the answer will always be yes.

I attended a chocolate masterclass a few years back at the Good Food and Wine Show, and also the opening of the Chapel Street Lindt Cafe and met master chocolatier Thomas Schnetzler on both occasions.

Back then they had just released the sea salt chocolate, and whilst I was a bit hesitant and naive, I tried it anyway and loved it. If you take a moment to just enjoy a single square you can appreciate how nice a little pop of salt is.

I recently tried the passion fruit one when I saw it at the supermarket and I loved how refreshing it tasted. As soon as you open the foil, it’s like you are transported to a tropical island (if only it were true). The strong fruitiness of it makes it very refreshing against the dark chocolate.

The two new flavours I hadn’t sampled until a few days ago were the strawberry intense, and the coconut intense.

Both are good, but coconut wins hands down. It’s creamy, it’s chocolate, and coconutty. If you like Bounty’s, you will luuurrveeee the coconut intense. My favourite used to be blueberry intense, but I think coconut has just won and taken it’s place.

Lindt flavours are available at your local supermarket, or Lindt Cafes around Australia.

I hope one day they do a pop rock flavour 😉

Iron Chef Shellie sampled Lindt chocolate flavours thanks to Trish Nicol Agency and Lindt Australia.

Comments

21 comments on “New Flavours from Lindt
  1. Jennifer (Delicieux) - June 13, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Aww how wonderful to be a chocolate taste tester Shellie! My answer would always be yes too! I’ve tried the strawberry, which is lovely, but not the coconut yet. I’ll have to try that.

2. Kristy @ Southern In-Laaw - June 13, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Ooooh I have a bar of the coconut and now I can’t wait to open it! There’s nothing better than being sent delicious products to try, chocolate definitely tops the charts!

3. Angela - June 13, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Oh, HOW I loved (and miss!!) the Ginger Intense! It was by far my favourite. Alas, not around for long :(

4. Hannah - June 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Gorgeous flavours, but wow! I know of, or have let, about 8 people try the passionfruit, and not a single person has liked it. At least someone in Australia does! 😛

5. msihua - June 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Did you happen to have all the ingredients lying around for the photoshoot? I never have passionfruit (or coconut) or any other fruits to be general.. they should make a Lindt with Granny Smith Apples.. cause I have those 😛

Did I tell you I used to run training and coordinate the promotions for Lindt?

• Iron Chef Shellie - June 13, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Never bought coconut and passionfruit until this week 😛 Sadly had Fleur de Sal, strawberries and a plushie Lindt bunny lying around 😛

6. Esz - June 13, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Mmmmm coconut 😀 I’m a BIG fan of the Bounty and a bit annoyed that the dark choc version isn’t always around so this is a GOOD thing for Lindt to be making. Yes. I want some.

7. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - June 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I love your photos Shellie :) How nice to be sent chocolate to taste hehe I’ve gone a little crazy with their chocolate too lately, because they were on sale i BOUGHT a LOT LOL good for baking and just EATING woo hoo ~ but my fave is still their good old Dark Caramel and Crunchy Caramel one 😀

8. Darien Xavier - June 13, 2012 at 9:45 pm

All are good but strawberry is my favorite. Really i like chocolate which is available here but i can’t eat.

9. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - June 14, 2012 at 9:12 am

your photos are stunning, lady!! You’re the bomb. Agreed – coconut love!

10. Tina @ bitemeshowme - June 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Love what you’ve done with those photos =P Too cute!

11. Jamieanne - June 14, 2012 at 10:57 am

My favorite is the sea salt one, followed by the strawberry one! I cannot get enough of the sea salt one though! That said, I do think they’re *all* fantastic! :)

12. Lianne - June 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Lucky you to get sent the new flavours of Lindt chocolates and I love love love how you presented them in your photos! hehe (: I am dying to try the sea salt one! hehe

13. Michelle - June 14, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I actually like salt and chocolate. I am curious about the coconut, nonetheless

14. Libby - June 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Your babushka header is, like, the best thing I’ve ever seen!

I would go crazy over the sea salt one, though the coconut one sounds amazing as well. Yum!

15. Agnes - June 16, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I *love* the coconut one. I don’t really like Bounty but omg I love the Lindt coconut.

16. Gourmet getaways - June 17, 2012 at 9:21 am

So many flavours!!! I would have to just keep eating!!
    Time to head to the supermarket and collect up a basket of Lindt Chocolate… oh and if anyone wants to send out chocolate samples, I’m your girl… I have never met a chocolate I haven’t loved 😉

17. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - June 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I love Lindt chocolates – especially the Lindt balls. Didn’t know they did a sea salted choc so I will have to try that one.

18. Melanie Reed - June 18, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Strawberry is the best of them all, it is my favorite. The others are good too. My mate likes the passionfruit.

19. Denise - June 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Can I get dark cherry ripe?