Mexican Grilled Corn

“I dunno about you, but lately all I want to eat is food packed full of zest and chilli. I currently do not care for big bowls of comforting pasta, or heavy stews; I want spice, and lots of it! I’ve been adding Sriracha chilli sauce to things that don’t even require it, just so...”

Recipes | October 27, 2011

Mexican Grilled Corn

I dunno about you, but lately all I want to eat is food packed full of zest and chilli. I currently do not care for big bowls of comforting pasta, or heavy stews; I want spice, and lots of it! I’ve been adding Sriracha chilli sauce to things that don’t even require it, just so I can make my palette come alive.

Is it just me, or are you feeling that too?

I made us some home made Nandos burgers for dinner last night, and instead of weighing us down with chips as a side dish, I knew that all I wanted to have was Mexican grilled corn I had seen on Ellie and Mez‘s blogs.

Amazingly easy to make, this dish is going to become a staple in our diet from now on. I didn’t sprinkle cayenne pepper on Hamish’s corn, as every time I’ve used cayenne pepper before, we have burnt our faces of eating whatever dish it was in. This was the first time I could actually enjoy it. With the added tang of the lime juice, you can’t go wrong with this dish.

Definitely going to do this at BBQs in the summer to impress my friends 😉 They can supply the mojitos!

Mexican Grilled Corn

Recipe by Ellie – Gourmand Recipes and alterations by Iron Chef Shellie

4 ears corn, husk and silk removed
40g butter, softened
1 lime (must use fresh lime, not the stuff out of a squeeze bottle)
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat BBQ or griddle pan.
  2. Grill the corn, turning, until nicely charred, for about 10-15 minutes.
  3. Spread the butter on each corn cob.
  4. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over the corn.
  5. Sprinkle with the cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Grate Parmesan cheese on top of the corn and serve immediately.

Makes 4.

Comments

15 comments on “Mexican Grilled Corn
  1. leaf (the indolent cook) - October 27, 2011 at 8:15 pm

They look very tasty! Oh yes, with BBQ season coming up…

2. laura - October 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm

yum! can’t wait until I get my barbeque as corn really is so much better charred. Love the sound of this combination

3. Leah - October 28, 2011 at 5:39 am

Def NOT wanting OR craving the chilli hehe, but this still looks delicious without it!
    I can’t wait for BBQ weather!!! Too excited 😀

4. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - October 28, 2011 at 8:25 am

mmmmm this looks awesome, lady!! I’m all over corn cobs lately. But not as jazzy as this. Will definitely be making your mexican corn, YUM. Perfect weather for it, with a chilled beverage :)

5. Mez - October 28, 2011 at 8:54 am

Yum yum!!!

I love this stuff!!!

xox

6. Ashley - October 28, 2011 at 9:10 am

Ooh, these look just like the ones you can get at mamasita! :) Definitely sounds like a good alternative to chips… 😀

7. Ellie | Gourmand Recipes - October 28, 2011 at 9:47 am

I am sure this will be a hit for your next BBQ. Thanks for the mention :)

8. Nic@diningwithastud - October 28, 2011 at 10:38 am

One of these and a mojito would be perfect right about now :)

9. Gourmet getaways - October 28, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Yum!!! I know just how gorgeous that would be! I have a thing for spice and zing at the moment so the lime would have been extra awesome.