La Belle Miette

“Yup, that’s right. It’s gonna be another macaron post. The only thing different about this one is I didn’t try all the flavours on offer. I only brought home a select few, and thought I’d give the rest a go another time. I know… I’m as shocked as you are. La Belle Miette is tucked...”

July 14, 2011

Yup, that’s right. It’s gonna be another macaron post.

La Belle Miette is tucked away in Hardware Lane, amongst the other cafes. You probably wouldn’t notice it if you were just walking by, but its pretty window display of macarons will grab your attention if you look carefully. I’ve been wanting to go since I saw Allan’s post on it.

The shop is so small. There is enough room for two small tables with chairs, but that’s basically it. Most times you’ll probably have to queue out the door; but it’s well worth it!

• Lemon: almost like sherbert, not sour at all
  • Blueberry & Violet: OMG! I love it, totally loved it, I had to tweet after my first bite because I couldn’t believe how amazing it was!
  • Raspberry: Had a good raspberry flavour
  • Hazelnut: reminded me of my favourite Swiss Chocolate, Ragusa
  • Pims and Pomegranate: I had to look up on the website what flavour it was and I couldn’t make it out from flavour alone, it was still good and and some jam in the middle
  • Pink Grapefruit: Delicious! A lovely zingy flavour with a true grapefruit flavour

Texture wise, they are softer than LuxBite’s macarons. All full of flavour, and who could resist the Ladurée inspired packaging?

I need to go back and try the other flavours, but you definitely can’t go past lemon, pink grapefruit and blueberry and violet. They do a gorgeous French earl grey too which I had take away on my last visit.

La Belle Miette on Urbanspoon

16 comments on “La Belle Miette
  1. msihua - July 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm

What? You didn’t try every flavour? Who are you???? What have you done with Michele? Hahahaha

2. JP - July 14, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Must be macaroon season, everyone is blogging them!

3. Yasmeen @ wandering spice - July 14, 2011 at 10:19 pm

How timely for Bastille Day! Francophile that I am, I popped in today to buy a sampler box of 14 for my workmates. They were sensational! They had a special kir royal flavor for the holiday… Moet + cassis… To die for. Funny you mentioned Laduree. Dare I say these are on par.

4. penny aka jeroxie - July 14, 2011 at 11:07 pm

This is one the places that I have been meaning to go…. another one on the list….

5. Michelle - July 15, 2011 at 12:28 am

I might give it a second chance since you gave a good review of it. In my experience with La Belle Miette, I felt that the flavors were pretty artificial for me and too sweet that it overwhelms the original taste…

6. kim sisto robinson - July 15, 2011 at 10:40 am

“`What a lovely feast for the eyes.
    I want all of those cookies NOW! :)

7. Sarah - July 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I first saw this place when it was all shut up at night and was so devestated!! I have been dying to try it, although I am never in the city so its likely to be a while!

8. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - July 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Lovely looking macarons! The boxes are gorgeous too-I thought of Laduree when I saw them too!

9. Mez - July 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I’m so blue

10. Allan - July 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm

thanks for the mention =).
    mmmm… i wouldn’t mind having some right noW!!!!
    although i should probably eat dinner first HAHA

11. Akika @ Ichigo Shortcake - July 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm

This place looks like macaron heaven! I just went to Luxbite yesterday but now I want to go to this place too! I still have Luxbite macarons sitting on my table 😀

12. GourmetGetaways - July 17, 2011 at 8:04 am

What a gorgeous little shop. The macarons are so colourful and pretty! I would love to try the lemon one and the violet, delish!

13. Nic@diningwithastud - July 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm

We can never read TOO much about Macarons – keep ’em coming Missy 😀

14. Keely aka The Richest Girl in Bondi - July 20, 2011 at 11:24 am

They look too pretty to eat! They’re presented so beautifully in the box and would make a wonderful gift idea (if you can bear handing them over ha ha). The lemon sounds delish!

15. Alison @ MelbourneMumma - July 22, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Oh I’ve been dying to go to this place and pretend I’m in Paris. Love their packaging too. A good example of focusing on one product and doing it right. Love your pics!