La Belle Miette
Yup, that’s right. It’s gonna be another macaron post.
The only thing different about this one is I didn’t try all the flavours on offer. I only brought home a select few, and thought I’d give the rest a go another time. I know… I’m as shocked as you are.
La Belle Miette is tucked away in Hardware Lane, amongst the other cafes. You probably wouldn’t notice it if you were just walking by, but its pretty window display of macarons will grab your attention if you look carefully. I’ve been wanting to go since I saw Allan’s post on it.
The shop is so small. There is enough room for two small tables with chairs, but that’s basically it. Most times you’ll probably have to queue out the door; but it’s well worth it!
- Lemon: almost like sherbert, not sour at all
- Blueberry & Violet: OMG! I love it, totally loved it, I had to tweet after my first bite because I couldn’t believe how amazing it was!
- Raspberry: Had a good raspberry flavour
- Hazelnut: reminded me of my favourite Swiss Chocolate, Ragusa
- Pims and Pomegranate: I had to look up on the website what flavour it was and I couldn’t make it out from flavour alone, it was still good and and some jam in the middle
- Pink Grapefruit: Delicious! A lovely zingy flavour with a true grapefruit flavour
I need to go back and try the other flavours, but you definitely can’t go past lemon, pink grapefruit and blueberry and violet. They do a gorgeous French earl grey too which I had take away on my last visit.