{Mornington Peninsula Trip} Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens

“This is Mazey Mike. He has lost his gnomey friends; and you can help find them at Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens. The Great Gnome Hunt is one of the many activities you can enjoy; but not before a trip to the cafe.”

{Mornington Peninsula Trip} Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens

{Mornington Peninsula Trip} Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens

The Great Gnome Hunt is one of the many activities you can enjoy; but not before a trip to the cafe. There is a great range of light lunches available, but since we already gorged ourselves at Max’s Restaurant; we found a little bit of room for afternoon tea. How can you refuse lavender scones?

Arthur the mazekeeper and general manager gave us the full lavender experience: lavender tea, lavender scones, lavender shortbread and lavender ice-cream!

The scones were everything you would want in a scone; gorgeous on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside. The inclusion of lavender gave a lovely aroma, and was almost refreshing compared to a normal scone.

The lavender shortbread was crumbly and buttery, with a lovely lavender aroma. The ice-cream had little bits of lavender through out, which I wasn’t sure I liked at first, but loved towards the end. It helps create more of a lavender taste, and provides a difference in texture.

It must have been all the lavender that made us so relaxed. We eventually rolled out of the cafe to enjoy a lovely time out and stroll around the gardens. I could try and explain to you how gorgeous they are, but pictures do a much better job..
Just don’t get lost in the multiple mazes around the gardens!

Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens are a gorgeous place to take the kiddies, or relax with friends whilst strolling around the grounds. It would even be a picturesque wedding spot! Being in the lavender gardens really made me stop and realise how gorgeous the colours of Autumn are; something I had failed to do in the busy day to day life of the surburbs.

On the way out, don’t miss out on checking out the nursery and gift shop. There are some lovely lavender based goods for the home and body to help you make that lavender experience last that little bit longer.

Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens are open every day of the year 10am – 5pm (except Christmas Day).

You will need about 1.5 hours to explore the 25 acres of gardens. A bit longer if you care to indulge in lunch or afternoon tea.

For more information on the gardens, functions, activities; head to www.ashcombemaze.com.au
Ashcombe Cafe on UrbanspoonIron Chef Shellie visited Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens thanks to Q StrategiesMornington Peninsula Tourism, Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens.

{Mornington Peninsula Trip} Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens

Comments

9 comments on “{Mornington Peninsula Trip} Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens
  1. Allan - May 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm

wow, ur posting soooo much =P. wish i could be so motivated hahaha.

i want some lavender scones!!

2. Esz - May 29, 2011 at 10:51 pm

so pretty! I looove lavendar! All your Mornington posts is making me want to take another trip down there. There’s always so much to discover 😀

3. chopinandmysaucepan - May 30, 2011 at 12:36 am

Such beautiful autumn colours, love the lavender fields! :)

4. Fatbooo - May 30, 2011 at 7:42 am

One of the best days I had in Mornington was spent with my ex-colleagues and we had the wonderful lavender scones here. I tried making that at home but didn’t truly succeed. 😉

5. Hannah - May 30, 2011 at 6:41 pm

This sounds like something that would be utterly wonderful on a warm-enough day! It’s funny how much I love lavender sweets when I can’t stand the aroma as potpourri 😛

6. Thanh - May 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Oh wow, scones and biscuits look so good. Definitely bring tupperware next time.

The maze looks so amazing with all those wonderful Autumn colours. The photos are brilliant. Did you apply a slight blur to them, or is that naturally from the camera?

7. penny aka jeroxie - May 31, 2011 at 12:12 am

Oh WOW…. love the colours. And also the yummy scones…

8. Sarah - May 31, 2011 at 11:08 am

Looks like fun – although lavendar makes me sneeze so I should probably avoid this spot!

9. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - June 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I love the lavender additions here – just stunning. We used to play here all the time, my friend lived right near the maze :)