International Incident Party – Eggs

“I jumped on the International Incident Party bandwagon again, started off by Jeroxie, Anh from A Food Lover’s Journey and Cherrie of Sweet Cherrie Pie. This month’s co-hosts were Trix, Natasha, honey and soy! I took the opportunity to try a recipe I’ve been waiting to try for a while now. I had grand plans...”

Recipes | September 26, 2010
International Incident Party – Eggs

International Incident Party – Eggs

I took the opportunity to try a recipe I’ve been waiting to try for a while now. I had grand plans to make it for breakfast one Sunday morning. That didn’t work out, as we woke up late, and were meeting my Grandma for lunch. So instead, I made it for breakfast!

The flavours just worked so well together. The spiciness of the chorizo, the tang  of the red wine vinegar with tomato and coriander provided a fresh and refreshing taste, and the creamy eggs with cheesy tortilla… I drool just reminiscing.

Huevos Rancheros

3 chorizo sausages (500g), sliced thickly
8 eggs
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
20g butter
4 x 15cm flour tortillas
1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese

Fresh tomato salsa
2 small tomatoes (180g), chopped finely
1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander

1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 140ºC fan-forced.

2. Make fresh tomato salsa: combine tomatoes, onion, vinegar and oil in a small bowl; cover, stand 15 minutes. Stir in coriander just before serving.

3. Cook chorizo on heated oil grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until well browned. Drain on absorbent paper; cover to keep warm.

4. Whisk eggs and cream in medium bowl. Melt butter in medium frying pan; cook egg mixture over low heat, stirring gently, until creamy.

5. Meanwhile, place tortillas on oven tray, sprinkle with cheese; warm in over until cheese melts.

6. Divide tortillas among serving plates; top with egg, chorizo and salsa.

See what the other’s got up to:

International Incident Party – Eggs

Comments

41 comments on “International Incident Party – Eggs
  1. Honey and Soy @honeyandsoy - September 26, 2010 at 11:23 am

Oooooh chorizo is one of Honey’s favourite things ever!! And that egg is so fluffy… Love the colour in all your photos, btw!

2. Jo @ secondhelping - September 26, 2010 at 11:54 am

I would eat that for breakfast any day! Love the combo of chorizo and eggs – it’s a great pairing.

3. 5 Star Foodie - September 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Super delicious with chorizo!

4. Leah - September 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm

This looks amazing!
    I would love this without the chorizo but with avocado. I am trying this for breakfast soon!

5. Conor @ HoldtheBeef - September 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Eating breakfast as I look at these photos and totally wishing I could upgrade to this. There’s a lot of goodness going on right there!

6. Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen - September 26, 2010 at 1:59 pm

This is definitely my kind of breakfast! The colors and flavors are fantastic!

7. Hannah - September 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Oooh, I’ve heard about this many times and have always been hit with a craving afterwards… yet have been too lazy to make it myself. You put me to shame 😛

8. penny aka jeroxie - September 26, 2010 at 3:42 pm

YumYUM!! Chorizo, cheese, cream and EGGs… prefect weekend brunch for me 😉

Thanks for joining the party!

9. Christine@Christine's Recipes - September 26, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Yummy, chorizo sausages and eggs are great for breakfast!

10. Emma @CakeMistress - September 26, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I’d love this for breakfast. The fresh tomato salsa looks gorgeous!

11. Cherrie - September 26, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I, too have been wanting to make Huevos Rancheros for a while. Now I really want to make it after reading your post

12. Caryn - September 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Ooh, this looks divine! It would definitely make for a great weekend breakfast!

13. Nancy/SpicieFoodie - September 27, 2010 at 2:10 am

Hi, your huevos rancheros look delicious. I love them and I like how you added your the chorizo. My Mom never did and now I wished she had. Glad they worked out so well. Yummy!

14. Sarah - September 27, 2010 at 10:21 am

yummmm! I am drooling right now!

15. Maria@TheGourmetChallenge - September 27, 2010 at 11:08 am

awww look at that fluffy gooey egg…you’re making me drool!!! Any way of getting a serve of this delivered to work in the next 20 minutes??

16. Phuoc'n Delicious - September 27, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Mmmmm… Chorizos make everything taste SO much better! It’s like a breaky tortilla YUM!

17. claudia - September 27, 2010 at 12:48 pm

whats a fabulous breakfast…I just love this kind of sausage…spicy and perfect love the picture….so glad this party led me here you have a wonderful web blog!

18. Ju - September 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Gosh, I drool just reading!!!

19. Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz - September 27, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Love the spicy mix and nice tomatoes on top of the eggs!

20. Anna Johnston - September 28, 2010 at 11:28 am

This is the sort of breakfast I’d happily get up out of my warm toasty bed for :) A great spicy combination of tastes, just the thing.