Brownies with White Chocolate and Raspberries

“Saturday is my favorite day of the weekend. You can sleep in and know that there is still one more sleep in till you have to face the music of being at work again. So what could possibly make my Saturday better? …. chocolate of course! I tore this recipe out of a magazine a...”

Brownies with White Chocolate and Raspberries

I tore this recipe out of a magazine a while ago and dug it out just recently. Since it had frozen raspberries and I had some left over from my raspberry mousse, I thought I would use the leftover raspberries and give this recipe a go. I also wanted to bake something to try out my new camera.

My aunty traditionally makes her brownies with walnuts and sometimes cranberries so I thought this one with white chocolate chunks and raspberries might be a nice change.

They taste very nice when they are warm and straight out of the oven. I think if you served them with a scoop of ice-cream it would be a nice dessert at a dinner party.
I’ll be keeping this recipe on file for future baking adventures.

Brownies with White Chocolate & Raspberries

185g dark chocolate, chopped
100g butter, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
150g white chocolate, chopped
2 cups frozen raspberries

1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan. Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square pan with baking paper.

2. Place dark chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and sugar. Fold through flour, then white chocolate and frozen raspberries.

3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes, until sides shrink slightly from pan. Remove from oven and set aside to cool in pan before cutting into squares. Place in an air tight container.

“Tip: For an adults-only version, fold in finely chopped dried figs that have been soaking in a good splash of brandy.
The best brownies have a chewy texture after cooking, and they all taste great cold.”

Eh Voila! Bon App├ętit!

Comments

10 comments on “Brownies with White Chocolate and Raspberries
  1. Nicole from: For the Love of Food - July 12, 2008 at 6:37 pm

These look fabulous!!!

Oh, and I love your new blog theme! It’s so refreshing!

2. Iron Chef Shellie - July 12, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Hi Nicole!

Thanks for your comment =) I’m still playing around with the theme but I keep going back to the blue! Glad you like the change, I’m not one to stick to the same thing for too long.
    x

3. Michelle L. - July 15, 2008 at 11:34 am

Hi Iron Chef Shellie,

Not sure if you remember me but I’m Adrian’s sister Michelle (in Canada)? Anyways, just wanted to say you did a lovely job of the brownies. If you’re interested in checking out something I recently put together, look on my facebook page where you’ll see my wedding cake (yes, I’m lunatic enough to make my own wedding cake). Best of luck in your endeavours in becoming the next iron chef – when I’m back down under, we should have a cook off for practise!

Take care,

Michelle L.

4. Iron Chef Shellie - July 15, 2008 at 11:48 am

Of course I remember you Michelle L!

You made your own wedding cake? I shall check it out for sure!
    Your not a lunatic. I make my own birthday cake!
    x

5. Rachel@beyondbeeton - July 27, 2008 at 9:04 pm

The brownies look delicious, I will definitely give them a go!

Your photography is excellent btw.

6. Iron Chef Shellie - July 28, 2008 at 8:23 am

Thanks Rachel! They are probably the best food photos I’ve taken so far, slowly trying to learn to take better photos!
    x

7. Lorraine E - November 4, 2008 at 9:02 pm

yummm! White chocolate and raspberries is one of my favourite combinations ever. Somehow dark is too bitter with tart raspberries but white is so perfect. Thanks for the recipe! :)

8. DiscoveryMe - March 24, 2009 at 8:46 am

Love your blog and I agree with Rachel that your photos are great.

This brownie looks so delish and moist and you capture it really well!

9. Iron Chef Shellie - March 24, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Thank you so much DiscoveryMe! Always nice to hear people enjoy what I do =)

10. Iron Chef Shellie - October 29, 2009 at 9:12 am

Hi Lorraine – So true about the bitterness =)