Tuna & Tomato Risotto
Mid week cooking was a success this week! I even decided to attempt a dessert as well from the latest Delicious magazine that arrived in my letterbox this week.
Huge hit at the dinner table. The recipe says to used 2 cans of Sirena tuna in oil, so I used one of the plain variety then thought I’d spice things up a little and get a can of the tuna in chilli oil for the other can. It added just the right amount of kick to make the dish come alive.
Didn’t have any rocket, so used a little bit of normal lettuce from the greenhouse and it turned out just as well. We also didn’t have any ripe lemons, so I used lime instead.
So easy, so tasty, can’t wait to make this one again!
- 1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 x 185g cans Sirena Tuna in Oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs roughly chopped basil leaves
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 50g wild rocket
- 1 tbs chopped chives, to serve
3. Add garlic and rice, and stir well. Add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Start adding stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly, making sure the first ladle of stock is absorbed before adding the next.
5. Once the rice is cooked, stir in tomato, basil, lemon zest, wild rocket and tuna, then season to taste. Top risotto with chives and serve with lemon wedges.
That looks very yummy! I made risotto for the first time the other day and found it a success and SO easy. Yay. Mine had chicken, mushroom and bok choy. Pretty simple but great. I like your recipe – it uses lots of stuff you’ve probably already got at home.
Iron Chef Shellie
Thanks kittymeow =)
Your risotto sounds delicious, love chicken risottos!! …mmmmmm