{Thermomix Thursday} Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

“These pretzels are definitely not making me thirsty! They are so light and fluffy, and very, very addictive. Easy as pie in the Thermomix.”

November 8, 2012

These pretzels are definitely not making me thirsty!

They are so light and fluffy, and very, very addictive. Mum and I decided to give them a whirl from the new Festive Flavour cookbook. We watched YouTube clips on how to make the shape, we watched quite a few since we both started off making pretzels that looked more like dog turds. After a while we got the hang of it, and for me, waiting the 8 minutes for them to bake was the longest 8 minutes of my life!

Hand tip: to see if your dough is ready to work with, place a small ball of it in a glass of water. When the ball of dough rises to the top, the gluten in the dough is loosened and your dough is ready for the oven!

Deliciousness ahoy I tells ya! I’m actually not going to make another batch soon, as I’m afraid I’ll demolish the whole batch in one sitting I even ate one whilst taking photos!! ooops!

Soft Buttery Pretzels

Thermomix Festive Flavour Cookbook – available from your consultant for $15. Contact me if you’d like to purchase.

• 4 tsp yeast
  • 290-300g cold milk or buttermilk
  • 20g olive oil
  • 80g sugar
  • 550g bakers flour
  • Sea salt
  • 100g baking soda
  • Bowl of hot water
  • Extra sea salt as needed
  • Melted butter for topping and grated Parmesan or cinnamon sugar to finish
  1. Place yeast, milk, oil and 1 tsp of the sugar into TM bowl and blend for 4 seconds on speed 5. Warm through for 3 minutes at 37°C on speed 2.
  2. Add remaining sugar, flour and salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 7.
  3. With dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes on interval speed.
  4. Wrap in oiled ThermomMat and set in warm place to double.
  5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C. If you have a pizza stone, heat in the oven at the same time.
  6. Place baking soda into hot water and dissolve with a fork.
  7. Divide dough into 80g pieces and form pretzels by rolling long ‘snakes’ out of each pieve to the full length of the ThermoMat (50cm). Holding each end of the dough, slap the bread dough a few times to lengthen and even out. Make large pretzel shape, push joins together and then dip into cooled baking soda water before placing directly onto heated pizza stone, (or paper lined baking tray). Cook for about 8 minutes until golden brown, remove and cool slightly before brushing with melted butter and sprinkling with toppings of choice.

Comments

12 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
  1. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - November 8, 2012 at 8:00 am

Shellieeeee how come I didn’t get any pretzels??!?! LOL just ignore me i’m just being greedy and very thick skinned and asking 😛

These look soooooo delicious ~ i never use to like pretzels until recently when I had an amazing one!!! And i’m sure these are MORE than amazing 😉

2. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - November 8, 2012 at 8:24 am

ooooh yum! This pretzel business is truly very impressive. I love cinnamon sugar.

3. Hannah - November 8, 2012 at 9:22 am

Oh my gooooosh! Yes please, yes please! Dipped into warm melted peanut butter? Please?

4. Tina @ bitemeshowme - November 8, 2012 at 9:41 am

Definitely looks like pretzels bought from a store 😉 I’m glad you say yours were light and fluffy – thats how all pretzels should be and not dry and making you thirsty =p

5. Nic@diningwithastud - November 8, 2012 at 9:48 am

What a FAB tip about the water!! I need to try that. Im a sucker for pretzels and cant be trusted with a plate full of them lol. Carb overload in the best possible way :)

6. Michelle @ The Bakeanista - November 8, 2012 at 10:07 am

Oh myyyyy! They do look superb! Like store bought ones! You reckon I can use the ThermoChef for this? :$

7. Libby - November 8, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

8. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - November 10, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’ve never made pretzels of any sort before but these look perfect to satisfy my sweet tooth.

9. msihua - November 11, 2012 at 6:26 pm

OMG I still think they are so lovely and cute! I would like a bagfull please #ihavenoshame

10. penny aka jeroxie - November 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm

beautiful pretzels! I always one too many

11. Agnes - November 13, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Mhmmm these look so good. They could be the new stroopwafel… :)

12. martha - November 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm

thanks for sharing… They look so good… I can’t wait to make my own pretzels too…

All content on this site by Shellie Froidevaux, otherwise known as Iron Chef Shellie. Her skills include food styling in her kitchen studio, lifestyle and travel photography across Australia, restaurant photography on location, building social media for her clients, recipe development with love, menu consulting for cafes and graphic design for people with discerning tastes :)