#GGBreadRevolution – No Knead Bread

“Ruth from Gourmet Girlfriend has started a no knead bread revolution. I gave it a go, and you should too!”

April 1, 2013

How do you feel about making your own bread?

Are you one that makes their own loaf everyday, kneading away and have bulging forearms?

Or does the shear thought of working with yeast scare you into a corner, with your arms crossed over your chest whilst you rock back and forth, trying to think of puppies, kittens and anything that will take you to your happy place?

FEAR NOT PEOPLE!! Ruth, the Gourmet Girlfriend is here to save us all!

You’ll have crusty, fresh bread, without breaking a sweat. Sounds too good to be true right? Well I gave it a go and I was amazed. In fact, as I sit here writing this a few days later, I’m STILL amazed!

For the recipe, you’ll have to pay Ruth’s blog a visit: http://gourmetgirl-friend.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/baking-bread-real-deal.html

My Grandpa used to make his own bread. Breakfast at my grandparents’ was always a lavish affair. Freshly made bread, croissants  jams, cheeses, and little boxes of cereals. The bread was always, always, always the highlight.

My Dad now makes his own bread using the Thermomix, and whilst I know Ruth also owns a Thermomix, she still makes this no knead bread daily. Once you give it a go yourself, you’ll see why! Speaking of my Dad, he saw my photo of my bread and asked where I bought such a good looking loaf of bread! Who knew I was an amazing bread maker all along…and you can be too!

GGBreadRevolution - Bread - Brushcetta

I decided to make bruschetta with my first loaf, as I had an abundance of fresh tomatoes from Dad’s glasshouses. Nothing beats fresh bread, but fresh bread with balsamic drenched through it comes pretty damn close.

So check it out, and follow the bread revolution through the hashtag on instagram and twitter #ggbreadrevolution

Thanks Ruth for sharing this amazing recipe. I can’t wait to get all experimental with the flavours!! xx

Comments

18 comments on “#GGBreadRevolution – No Knead Bread
  1. Ashley - April 1, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Yummy! Love bruschetta, although bread doesn’t usually love me so much! ;____;

2. msihua - April 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm

AMAZING PHOTOS! WHO ARE YOU? 😛 Love it.. not going to do this (maybe) arrghhhh the temptation is too strong! But we don’t eat bread :(

3. milkteaxx - April 1, 2013 at 8:59 pm

do you know if i need to use a cast iron pot or can i used an oven safe dish?

• Iron Chef Shellie - April 1, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Not sure, but Ruth also suggests to “get a camp dutch oven from a disposal store. Cheap & PERFECT for this.”

4. Sammie - April 1, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I love making bread in the thermie but I think I will love this even more. When I move and when I get reunited with my cast iron pot, I am so going to try this! The bread looks screen lickingly good on it’s own but you have really surpassed yourself with the styling! Orse!

5. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today - April 2, 2013 at 4:33 am

Beautiful pictures. I am happy to see a recipe for bread without a need to knead :)

6. Tina @ bitemeshowme - April 2, 2013 at 6:52 am

NO BAKE BREAD?! This is already a winner! Need to try this, stat!

7. Catherine - April 2, 2013 at 8:52 am

Love reading and looking through all the pics of your cooking/baking adventures!! :)

8. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - April 2, 2013 at 9:19 am

I so need to check out this revolution! Gorgeous pics, Michele! Looks uber delicious.

9. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - April 2, 2013 at 10:44 am

Wow no knead bread that looks so good?!?! never thought it was possible :) I’ve never had the guts to make bread at home…but I think I’m going to give this a go! :)

10. Maureen - April 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm

That bread is brilliant. I love making no knead bread and I always wait til the last minute so the bread gets just a bit soury (is that a word?) It’s so easy to make and everyone should try it.

Just don’t take the heavy pot out of the oven and drop it on your glass stovetop because it will break. it will. I know. However if you need a new stovetop like I did, beauty.

11. Ira - April 3, 2013 at 10:28 am

Seriously- you need to be a food stylist.

12. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - April 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’ve made a loaf like this and I was so pleased at how well it turned out that I had plans of making it every second day after that! It continued for a while but I still get out the recipe every now and then. Great pics Shellie!

13. GourmetGetaways - April 3, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Oh this does look so yummy!

I make bread and dough regularly but I leave it to the trusty bread maker to do the kneading, no bulging biceps for me 😉

Love all your beautiful images :)

14. Sara @bellyrumbles - April 3, 2013 at 11:25 pm

No knead, love it. Heading over to see the secret now.

15. Agnes - April 4, 2013 at 8:01 pm

BRB breaking into your house to steal your bread.

16. Sarah - April 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I love this bread! I’ve made it a few times before, and am always impressed by how professional it looks! :)