Thermomix Coconut Butter Cake
Cakes are so easy to make in the Thermomix, especially this one. Make caster sugar from raw sugar in seconds, whack everything in as listed and bang it in a tin bound for the oven.
The coconut gives it a lovely flavour, and served with lemon custard made in the Thermomix would be the ideal treat! Or fresh out of the oven with a scoop of ice-cream, you really can’t go wrong!
Best Coconut Butter Cake
250g self raising flour
Juice of ½ lemon or orange
70g desiccated coconut or freshly grated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place sugar in the bowl and make caster sugar by milling it for 3-4 seconds on speed 10.
3. Add butter and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
4. Add one egg at a time and combine for a few seconds on speed 4-5.
5. Add flour and juice and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
6. Add coconut and milk and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes.