Paris to Provence {Melbourne’s French Festival}

“This post was sponsored by Nuffnang I was lucky enough to be one of the winners  of a double pass to the French Festival on Adrian’s blog, Food Rehab. Thanks again Adrian!! If it wasn’t for his blog post, I wouldn’t have even know we had such an event on in Melbourne. It was held at...”

Dining | October 4, 2010
Paris to Provence {Melbourne’s French Festival}

Paris to Provence {Melbourne’s French Festival}

This post was sponsored by Nuffnang

If it wasn’t for his blog post, I wouldn’t have even know we had such an event on in Melbourne. It was held at the lovely gardens of Como House, in South Yarra. Full of lovely French food, home wares, all everything in between. It was where everyone was at on a sunny Spring day before the grand final rematch.

Napoleon and Marie Antoinette even came out to help us celebrate! A man dressed a policeman with a very bad French accent also roamed around. He claimed to be “Barry from Brunswick” when I over heard him in the photo above.

I’m too buggered to do much typing, so just enjoy the photos:

We ended up trying two different hot dogs. The top photo is the lamb hot dog, whilst the bottom is the pork. The pork definetly had more flavour. Although it could have also been because it also had aioli, relish and Gruyere cheese!

The highlight of the day was the duck pie from Cafe Vue. This was was my first experience with the “Vue” series of restaurants. We nearly didn’t get this, but we were both so glad we did. The pastry was perfect, and the duck just melted away in your mouth. Could definitely taste the wine it had been cooking in. We could have eaten another straight away! I did get a violet macaron to take home. No photos as it got royally squashed in my bag. Tragic, yet delicious.

I ended the day on a sweet note, with an apple crumble tart from Le Petit Gateau. Of course, it was sooooooo delicious, I wish I bought more of their sweets to take home and scoff down.

We could have had crepes, baguettes, almond croissants, even froie gras in a tin (if you are into that kind of thing).

It was a great day out, and I enjoyed embracing my inner mademoiselle!

Thanks again Adrian :)

Paris to Provence {Melbourne’s French Festival}

Comments

19 comments on “Paris to Provence {Melbourne’s French Festival}
  1. Esz - October 5, 2010 at 4:52 am

Oh my god!! I really wanted to go to this SO bad – but I was stuck at SCHOOL all Saturday *sob*. Maybe next year! LOVE those Le Petit Gateau pics. So many yummy food wonders – and what a perfect day to enjoy them too 😀

2. Adrian @ Food Rehab - October 5, 2010 at 11:49 am

It was such a fun event huh! The hot dogs with champagne mustard were amazing as well as the mussels in white wine. Didn’t have room for the pie but it does look tempting!

No worries- glad you had a ball! :) Shame I was only there for literally 15 mins…

3. Sarah - October 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm

This looks like such a fun day!! I love the Como House – it is such a pretty place!

4. Hannah - October 5, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Aw, I thought that was you in the Marie Antoinette get-up! How disappointing 😉

I could go a violet macaron right now. Squished ‘n’ all!

5. April @ My Food Trail - October 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I had never heard of this festival before Adrian’s post either! Do you think it was worth going to if you hadn’t won free tickets?

• Iron Chef Shellie - October 5, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Ummmm… I’m not sure I would have paid $13 each. It was a great morning out, but not many free samples or anything. Everything required you to shell out money.

6. Conor @ HoldtheBeef - October 5, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Bazza’s accent was terrible? Who’d have thought? :)

I want that pie.

7. Anna Johnston - October 6, 2010 at 2:51 pm

This looks like heaps of fun, love a good festival…, the food looked awesome too. Now., hand me that delish pie OK!!

8. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - October 7, 2010 at 10:10 am

I so wanted to go to this! I love all things French :) The pie looks fabulous. Must go next year & take my mum.

9. My Restaurants Melbourne - October 8, 2010 at 6:30 am

what a great event! I didnt’ even know that french had hot dogs too. I’ve just learnt something new