Beetroot Chips With Fennel Salt

“Chips don't have to just be made from potatoes, they can be made from anything. These beetroot chips not only look pretty, but taste as good as they look.”

Recipes | May 13, 2014
Beetroot Chips_FEATURE IMAGE
Beetroot Chips With Fennel Salt

Beetroot Chips With Fennel Salt

Beetroot Chips with Fennel Salt
Ingredients
  1. 3 large beetroots
  2. 1 tbs fennel seeds
  3. 1 tsp sea salt
  4. olive oil (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 220C (or 200C fan-forced).
  2. Peel and thinly slice beetroot using a mandolin or sharp knife.
  3. Arrange sliced beetroot on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake for approx. 25 minutes - keeping an eye out in case they start burning.
  4. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the fennel seeds and salt together.
  5. Once beetroot chips are cooked, take them out of the oven and sprinkle over the fennel salt.
Notes
  1. If you drizzle with olive oil before putting in the oven, the chips take longer to cook. Watch carefully so they don't burn easily.
Iron Chef Shellie http://ironchefshellie.com/

Beetroot Chips With Fennel Salt

Comments

9 comments on “Beetroot Chips With Fennel Salt
  1. Winston - May 13, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Beetroot never looked so sexy. Love how psychadelic that vibrant colour and rings from the beetroots are. Sure to make anyone trippy from staring at them for too long, not that I’m complaining =)

2. Padaek - May 13, 2014 at 10:21 pm

These look moreish and must make/bake them very soon. Such an awesome/versatile veg. Go beetroot! :)

3. Sarah - May 14, 2014 at 7:43 am

That looks really pretty and delicious – so autumnal. :) I love that photo you have with the raw beetroot slices side-by-side with the cooked ones. :)

4. Gourmet Getaways - May 14, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I would definitely love to try this for snack. Beetroot is just about one of the healthiest alternatives to the common chips. Thanks heaps for sharing!

Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

5. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - May 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Beetroot chips aren’t the most beautiful things in the world but add that fennel salt and I’m in love.

6. Sara - May 17, 2014 at 10:27 pm

These look amazing! Love beetroot and chip form just makes them even better. Fennel salt would just go so well with them.

7. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - May 20, 2014 at 11:50 am

YES! So much yes. I always burn my beetroot chips. I think I over oil them… x

8. milkteaxx - June 4, 2014 at 8:58 am

ooh! love beets in my salads, never thought of making chips from them!