[Eating Out] Mossgreen Tea Rooms

“Well known Antique dealers, Moss Green, have opened a tea room on High Street, Armadale. Whether is a quick bite for lunch or high tea, it's the place to be.”

Mossgreen Tea Rooms_FEATURE IMAGE BW

[Eating Out] Mossgreen Tea Rooms

With my parents involved in the antique business, the name Mossgreen was a name I’d heard many times before. To hear they had opened a tea room was news that interested me rather than antiques and auctions 😛

On time of visit, Mossgreen Tea Rooms‘ liquor license hadn’t come through yet, so we weren’t able to sample the Champagne High Tea ($65 per person); so we happily settled for the Mossgreen High Tea ($48 per person).

With a fine selection of T2 teas on offer, your biggest decision of the day will be which one you want to drink the most. I went with the Mossgreen Signature Blend, it was interesting, and reminded a few of us of tom yum soup strangely enough. It got quite strong towards the end. It wasn’t really my cup of tea 😉 Normally I’d go for a Earl Grey to go with High Tea.

Coffee is Lavazza Super Crema, and milk is by Joneys Dairy.

European high tea of hand-crafted cakes and pastries accompanied by sandwiches, scones and preserves, artisan teas or coffee
High Tea Sandwiches
Smoked Salmon, Cucumber Cream Cheese, Waldorf Chicken,
Aged Cheddar & Relish
Classic Scones – Rosies Raspberry Jam & Jersey Double Cream
A selection of daily baked petit fours and savoury French pies

Mossgreen Tea Rooms is set on the upmarket High Street in Armadale. Surrounded by a vast range of antique shops, homeware and bridal boutiques. It makes for a lovely place to stop for a bite to eat or a coffee in a bright, elegant setting. With breakfast, lunch and high tea menus designed by Peter Rowland, you are in for a treat.

♣ ♣ ♣

Mossgreen Tea Rooms
926-930 High Street
Armadale VIC 3143

Open every day, 8am to 5pm
Breakfast, Lunch and High Tea
For reservations phone 03 9508 8850 or email tearooms@mossgreen.com.au

www.mossgreen.com.au/content/about-tearooms

Mossgreen Tearooms on Urbanspoon

Disclaimer: Iron Chef Shellie dined as a guest of Mossgreen Tea Rooms.

Comments

9 comments on “[Eating Out] Mossgreen Tea Rooms
  1. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today - January 4, 2014 at 7:15 am

It looks amazing and pricy. But I’d try it anyway. It is good to experience different things.

2. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - January 4, 2014 at 9:27 am

Just seeing the name Armadale makes me smile. When John and I were building our house in Wodonga, we couldn’t decide anything. My American taste and his Aussie taste clashed everywhere. We went to Armadale looking for a chandelier for our dining room.

After about what felt like 30 shops, I looked up and said, “I don’t hate that.” John said, “I don’t hate that either.” So we bought it.

I’d love this high tea!

3. Joanne T Ferguson - January 4, 2014 at 12:39 pm

G’day! Had a wonderful experience at my first high tea Shellie, true!
    Everything looks delightful and looks like you enjoyed yourself too!
    Happy New Year and look forward to future blog posts!
    Cheers! Joanne

4. GourmetGetaways - January 4, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Such gorgeous images!! I always love black and white in this sort of setting. So many delicious treats too. Great story :)

5. Melanie Hall - January 5, 2014 at 9:17 am

After all the wonderful food and photography you have produced over the past year – it’s great to see someone cooking for you! love the black and white shots

6. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - January 5, 2014 at 12:08 pm

It’s happened again! Same event you sit right next to me but yet your photos are so much PRETTIER…is it the camera what if I get a Nikon will it help?

The cutlery was so nice as well loved it!

7. msihua - January 6, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Such beautiful pictures.. now we must do ours too!

8. Agnes - January 8, 2014 at 11:25 am

That was such a pretty place. I must also do mine!