Simple Dinners For Two: Sweet & Sticky Pork

“I'm not normally one for pre-made sauce sachets, but I give the Sweet & Sticky Pork one a whirl from Maggi. Quicker and easier than going to the Chinese takeaway joint, healthier too!”

Simple Dinners For Two: Sweet & Sticky Pork

Simple Dinners For Two: Sweet & Sticky Pork

The first dish my Mother taught me was my favourite stir fry dish. It’s one of those recipes you don’t write down, you go by feel..”a bit of this, a bit of that”. It’s still one of my favourite dishes today, but sometimes it’s nice to mix things up with different flavours.

Stir-fries don’t generally take long too cook, so long as you have everything ready to go, it’s all about whacking it in a wok, blink your eyes and your food is ready. So having a sauce sachet at the ready is helpful too. Now just because MAGGi say pork, if you don’t eat pork just substitute for the protein of your choice; or if you are vegetarian, leave it out! It will still provide a great flavour base for a quick, flavoursome stir fry.

You’ll only need to pick up 4 things at the supermarket:

1. MAGGI Sweet & Sticky Pork Just for 2 sachet
  2. Pork
  3. Red Capsicum
  4. Snow Peas

All you’ll need to do is cook up some rice, or noodles if you feel like breaking the rules, and you have dinner faster than it would take for waiting for your Chinese takeaway. Not to mention it would be a lot healthier!

Sponsored Series by Nuffnang Australia

MAGGI Just for 2 – a NEW adult range of tasty recipe bases that are right Just for 2.

Simple Dinners For Two: Sweet & Sticky Pork

Comments

12 comments on “Simple Dinners For Two: Sweet & Sticky Pork
  1. Tina @ bitemeshowme - August 6, 2013 at 8:34 am

so ridiculously easy?! Always just concerned that they taste artificial..

2. Ira - August 6, 2013 at 9:07 am

I get paranoid I’m adding sugar and preservatives to nice veggies when I use them, but saying that I do use them and its a cinch.

3. hollypop - August 6, 2013 at 11:14 am

dinners for two, eh? 😉

4. Emily - August 6, 2013 at 12:43 pm

We are featuring the same dish this week. That’s how I learned stir fry dishes from my mum too! No measurement…. only eyeballing is necessary ha!

5. Michelle @ The Bakeanista - August 6, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Me too!!! The first thing I learned from my mum was ginger pork stir fry. No recipe, just “agak-agak” (simply estimate) only as they would say in Malaysia hehe. But I really like the idea of a simple dinner – loving the sound of this Maggi just for 2 range!

6. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - August 9, 2013 at 12:35 am

TOO EASY hahhaa I need to try it! :)

7. milkteaxx - August 9, 2013 at 11:28 am

yummm love a homely pork stirfry!

8. Paula - August 9, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I made the lemon thyme chicken one the other night and it was quite nice – it needed a good squeeze of lemon juice to cut the creaminess as I used full cream, but quick and easy for a weeknight meal.

9. GourmetGetaways - August 10, 2013 at 4:01 pm

I love peas in my stirfry and we have so many in the garden right now!
    I love pork in stir fries, especially a sticky pork dish :)

10. Cara Waters @Gourmet Chick - August 11, 2013 at 3:44 am

Stir fries are the best when you are in a hurry and always good to have a classic fall back recipe.