{Eating Out} Barmah Park

“There are many wineries on the Mornington Peninsula, Barmah Park is one of them and worth a drop by, even if just for dessert!”

Dining | June 16, 2013
{Eating Out} Barmah Park

{Eating Out} Barmah Park

Instagram. Bringing people together since…. it launched.

Roxanne the manager at Barmah Park has read my blog for some time, even won a giveaway I ran some time ago, and shared some banter with me over social media. When she said we should come down and try the restaurant she and her parnter were working at, it was perfect timing, as Haz, Az, Taz and myself were due for another op shop crawl down on the Mornington Peninsula and would OF COURSE need somewhere to eat.

To be honest, it’s not a place I would have thought to stop at for lunch. Off the main highway, it has  gorgeous views of the vineyard from the dining room.

We started with a wine tasting, then got down to business with the food.

The dip was our favourite thing, but the calamari had a real sweetness to it that we unfortunately weren’t too fond of. I could have just stopped at this plate, it was a lot of food even for the 4 of us!

Wedges and pork were good, crispy, crunchy and comforting. The gnocchi was by far the crowd favourite among us. It was everything you would possibly ever want in a dish. I would not share this if I ordered it for myself!

Taz really wanted dessert, and whilst we were bursting at the seams, I’m glad we did as they were sensational! The sticky date was light and fluffy, not heavy and stodgy. And the strudel, not only pretty but one tasty little parcel!

Barmah Park has a lovely setting for lunch. Perfect for those cold wintery days where you want to stay warm inside, but still want to feel like you are enjoying the outdoors. With an almost panoramic view of the vineyard, settle down with a big bowl of gnocchi, a glass of their wine and watch the day go by :)

Thanks Roxanne and Barmah Park for hosting us for lunch.

See what my partners in crime thought:

Barmah Park Vineyard & Cafe on Urbanspoon

{Eating Out} Barmah Park

Comments

9 comments on “{Eating Out} Barmah Park
  1. Jac - June 17, 2013 at 12:46 am

Looks lovely, particularly the pork belly! Yum.

2. Software Shop - June 17, 2013 at 8:26 am

I love the look of the muscles. They are steamed, I only tried muscles that were boiled. Have to try sometime.

3. Tina @ bitemeshowme - June 17, 2013 at 8:44 am

What a great feed, and I’m still astounded as to what social media can do and the powers it has 😀

4. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - June 17, 2013 at 10:22 am

I spot finger bombing :) Read all 4 posts and still thinking about the sticky date pudding so definitely think I need to take my sister and go 😀

5. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - June 17, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I love an out of town dining excursion like this – that gnocchi and sticky date looks like perfect winter fare.

6. GourmetGetaways - June 17, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Oh it all looks so delicious!
    The meals are just so gorgeous, I am wishing I was nearby right now. Thise fat juicy scallops would have been back again and again!
    Love the beautiful black and white photos too, so scenic :)

7. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - June 17, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Everything looks so good. The colour of that apple berry strudel is calling me :)

8. msihua - June 20, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Love the views here! And that pumpkin.. noms!

9. Agnes - June 26, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Hehehehehe first picture – fingerbombing. YAYAYAYAY.