{Thermomix Thursday} Pesto

“Pesto is something I had never made before until now. Great as a pizza topping, pasta sauce, or condiment for anything else you may fancy!”

I know there are quite a few of you missing my Thermomix posts, so fret no more!

Let’s be honest, you don’t need to own a Thermomix to make pesto, but if you’ve got one, why the hell wouldn’t you?

The recipe I used is from Pete Evans’ new pizza book, but that is in a bag, in storage somewhere so I don’t have that recipe to share. However, here is one from the recipe community that should work a treat!

Use pesto with pastas, on top of pizzas like I did, with chicken or anything else your heart desires!

In other exciting news, I signed my life away today to the bank for the next 30 years so I can afford my new house! I’ll try to not make this blog about what goes best with rice, pasta and 2 minute noodles after settlement :P

Basil Pesto

[source] – Please note I have not tried this recipe

• 2 cups Basil, washed
  • 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 level tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon sugar, optional.
  • Salt & Pepper optional
  1. Crush garlic and pine nuts for a few seconds.
  2. Add basil, cheese and lemon juice. Whizz a few seconds. While processing add oil slowly. Then add sugar, salt and pepper if desired.
  3. This will keep in the fridge for a week. Or freeze in ice cube trays and thaw as needed.

Comments

13 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Pesto
  1. Tina @ bitemeshowme - November 1, 2012 at 7:12 am

I seriously cannot believe how easy it is to make home made pesto. There are so many things you could use it for. I love how the parmesan just gives it that bit of a bite.

2. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - November 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Hahhaa I wonder how many Thermo Mix posts it’ll take before i just splurge and buy one myself :D hehe

I had no idea pesto had pine nuts lol oops i feel so silly now :P

3. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - November 1, 2012 at 8:49 am

YAY! congrats, lovely! This looks divine, so fresh & vibrant. I LOVE pesto.

4. Catherine - November 1, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Always love your Thermomix recipes – what can’t you make with a Thermomix?? One day the Thermomix will be mine!

5. hollypop - November 1, 2012 at 4:43 pm

i’m scared of pine nuts.
    don’t they taste like fish to you?
    i like walnuts in pesto instead.
    xx
    i want to see a thermomix in action. they seem like magical devices.

6. Lianne - November 1, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Gosh. Really making me what a thermomix seeing all the posts! hehe and this pesto looks amazing! Never really enjoyed those bought in the supermarkets so I think I just have to make my own, but in a normal blender! :P x

7. GourmetGetaways - November 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Oh dear, I know I don’t need a thermomix… But the more I see the more I like :)

8. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - November 1, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Congratulations on buying new digs!! How exciting! With the thermomix you’ll be fine. Didn’t they tell us you can eat for practically nothing if you pay $2000 for one? LOL

I love pesto and use it a lot.

9. Sammie - November 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I haven’t tried the pesto in my thermie yet, but it looks lovely. As does the styling! Massive congrats on the home of your own! I’ve missed your thermomix posts – good to see you back!

10. Christine - November 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

I only recently found you via milkbarmag (I think). I’m about to splurge and get a thermomix so I’m glad I didn’t really miss any Thursday posts.

Congrats on your new home, maybe you could do a Tight a**e Tuesday column (or Frugal Friday, but who wants to be frugal on Friday?)

Look forward to your Thursday column.

11. Winston - November 2, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Is that a straw with your pesto? Hahhaa… Think me eyes are playing a trick on me. Anyhoo, congrats on signing for a house!! What a milestone. Huge commitment but am sure it’s going to make you guys very, very happy. Too much drama from rental properties. Trust me, I know what it’s like to get screwed over by rental agents! Plus, that woman I was dealing with was a hardass Asian too. Huge B. Anyway, cause for celebrationsssssss! =D

12. Agnes - November 13, 2012 at 7:02 pm

New blog idea: 100 ways with 2 minute noodles. (You know you want to!)

Michele Froidevaux

All content on this site by Michele Froidevaux, otherwise known as Iron Chef Shellie. Her skills include food styling in her kitchen studio, lifestyle and travel photography across Australia, restaurant photography on location, building social media for her clients, recipe development with love, menu consulting for cafes and graphic design for people with discerning tastes :)